who would you like to see at 2014???

doubt you will see much doom at the fest.

also...I think Faith or Fear would be cool. They just put out a new album...Ihave it but havent listened to it yet.

Jason...Squadron isnt going to happen....so stop wasting keystrokes.

funny how there is death metal listed in your list but when I post that people are like....OH NO!!! death metal.

Razor isnt doable...one of the guys has throat cancer.

Sad but bands like Twisted Tower Dire are great and faves of mine wouldnt be a big draw at the fest. Sad to say. It seems more people either want the classic acts or heavier stuff.

Someone like Midnight would be a good booking. Lots of crossover appeal. They did great last year in Chicago and they are getting bigger and bigger and not far away.

I just found the band NIGHT DEMON through SKR. Song is great, seems like they'd be a good fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!!
There is a band called Night Demon????
REALLY???????? NEVER heard of em!!!! LOL..........

Sorry Brian, but in the underground this band is as big as GHOST are now in the mainstream.
Yes, they are the "IT" band, and are already playing KIT.

but, yes, kidding aside, I agree they would be great for the fest.

I was going to suggest having Zoetrope reunite for the fest, but then I remembered Barry Stern is dead. I suppose they could do it without him, but I don't know how good that would be.

Mendoza bought me thier shirt and gave it to me at the fest. Looking forward to seeing them next year at KIT.

I would love to have them at the fest. The big issue with getting bands like this, Visigoth, and many others is travel cost. While it makes the fest very cool to have great young bands....it isnt financially smart to drop 500 bucks to get them to get here to have 5 people watch them. I am sure they will be flat broke after KIT so for them driving cross country would be insane for them to want to do.

Beleive me...I would love to have all these new band at the fest. Even if it was the second stage...it would overtake the mainstage again.

Wow!!!
There is a band called Night Demon????
REALLY???????? NEVER heard of em!!!! LOL..........

Sorry Brian, but in the underground this band is as big as GHOST are now in the mainstream.
Yes, they are the "IT" band, and are already playing KIT.

but, yes, kidding aside, I agree they would be great for the fest.

Eh, I don't follow the trad/heavy/true underground aside from whatever gets posted to the death/black boards I read (and occasionally skimming through the SKR emails). Cool.

Eh, I don't follow the trad/heavy/true underground aside from whatever gets posted to the death/black boards I read (and occasionally skimming through the SKR emails). Cool.

I would not compare Ghost in popularity at all to Night Demon.....they are talked about but not as much as Ghost was when they first appeared.

Oh, I was just goofing, and not ripping on Brian at all!!!

I know the buzz is certainly nowhere as big as GHOST.

Just saying they are the current "it" band at the Shadow Kingdom level, so to speak.

I was going to suggest having Zoetrope reunite for the fest, but then I remembered Barry Stern is dead. I suppose they could do it without him, but I don't know how good that would be.

I used to love ZOETROPE!!!
"Are you a member............in a gaaaaaaaaaang"!!!!!
100% Street Metal!!!!!

I saw them with GBH and TOXIC REASONS at the Cubby Bear before you were born.

TWISTED TOWER DIRE would be a dream.
Also ATTACKER are back in the game.
I've seen SLOUGH FEG twice and they are simply great live!
CAUCHEMAR aren't to far away.
It has to be said again, GATEKEEPER is a must.