who would you like to see at 2014???

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
First off...let's be realistic. Let's not turn this into fantasy fest. If you suggest European acts or bands with members in europe...if you are not going to toss in money...don't post it. ( for example...Manilla Road for Jason). This is just to get an idea for mike for next year.

for myself.....

Amulance - great chicago metal. We all saw the pretty good turnout early for two chicago classic acts. I mean at 6 PM to see 100 people...that is damn good.

Acid Witch - I know I have been saying this...but they are a draw and add something different to the line up.

Tygers of Pan Tang - Yes...I even would toss in money for this. I am actually looking for others who would be interested in the same thing. I have one other who actually helped put a big chunk down on Oz. So this is doable.

Visigoth - would be a great thing for Mendyke. They are an great up n coming act.

Night Demon - same as above...great new act. Already booked for Keep It True next year.

How would people feel about a return of bands like Helstar and Pharoah?

Toxik I would love to see. I think they'd do well.

I would actually like to see Vanlade return but to the main stage.

Dantesco would be awesome.

I'll think of more but that's it for now. I would say Voivod but that's probably out of reach and can't front it.

Helstar would be amazing to come back. Now that more people now about the fest they would do great.

I really have no interest in Pharoah returning. More than sound issues, I just wasn't really impressed with them in a live setting.

I will also add...

Axxion - who already said they want in actually.

Toxic - would be killer as well and were interested too.

I had Vanlade also say they would come back next year for either stage.

This year I was trying to help mike get Voivod and Nuclear Assault. Voivod said they wouldnt play the small stage Reggies has. Nuclear Assault are on hiatus. I think both would draw big. Who knows...maybe Mike will try again this next year.

I will also add...

Axxion - who already said they want in actually.

Toxic - would be killer as well and were interested too.

I had Vanlade also say they would come back next year for either stage.

This year I was trying to help mike get Voivod and Nuclear Assault. Voivod said they wouldnt play the small stage Reggies has. Nuclear Assault are on hiatus. I think both would draw big. Who knows...maybe Mike will try again this next year.

For a band that isn't all that popular in the states, it surprises me Voivod wouldn't do that stage. That sucks.

Axxion would be awesome to come. Striker Would be amazing as well. But watch out, alot of Canadians seemed pissed at the fest now because Reggie's kicked Dan Neild from Gatekrashor out on the second day, and they were all blaming the fest and not Reggie's...

Volture. This would be amazing, and plus I could bring all my Volture stuff to get signed. When I first heard shocking its prey I went nuts, it blew my mind, not a single bad song. Odin said he had been taking to Ryan Waste alot over the past few months, so that sounded promising

Running Wild. Lets hope the fest did well enough to bring them next year, I know this was Odin top band to get the past years but he couldnt.

Impellitteri. Ive never talked about these guys with anyone, so i have no clue how people feel about them, but they are one of my favorite bands. They never play USA shows, only Japan pretty much and when they do its always a sell out. I would absolutely love to see them live and I feel like they may draw quite a few people since they never play, but i dont know.

because Reggie's kicked Dan Neild from Gatekrashor out on the second day, and they were all blaming the fest and not Reggie's...
The whole band (minus the bassist) and the merch girl got kicked out! I didn't hear what they all had to say, but Dan was grumbling about the Reggies staff. But fuck them, it's their fault they got kicked out. Dan and Matt snuck back in to see Oz anyways.

Would love to see Amulance, Magic Circle, Argus, Sinister Realm, Eternal Champion, Visigoth, Satan's Host Twister Tower Dire, Steel Assassin, Lethal, Liege Lord, Arch//Matheos, etc. Axxion and Night Demon would be rad, for sure.

Some of the 2nd Stagers are definitely main-stage worthy too, I think. Vanlade and Borrowed Time for example had great crowds and a fantastic show. JP from Borrowed Time told me he'd love to play this fest every year, even if they had to do it for free and open the show

I think for a headliner getting a ripping NWOBHM band would be awesome. Tokyo Blade, Jaguar, Pagan Altar, Tygers, Hell, Raven... How about SATAN? Their new album is fucking immaculate. Yeah, it'd have to be SATAN...

The whole band (minus the bassist) and the merch girl got kicked out! I didn't hear what they all had to say, but Dan was grumbling about the Reggies staff. But fuck them, it's their fault they got kicked out. Dan and Matt snuck back in to see Oz anyways.

Would love to see Amulance, Magic Circle, Argus, Sinister Realm, Eternal Champion, Visigoth, Satan's Host Twister Tower Dire, Steel Assassin, Lethal, Liege Lord, Arch//Matheos, etc. Axxion and Night Demon would be rad, for sure.

Some of the 2nd Stagers are definitely main-stage worthy too, I think. Vanlade and Borrowed Time for example had great crowds and a fantastic show. JP from Borrowed Time told me he'd love to play this fest every year, even if they had to do it for free and open the show

I think for a headliner getting a ripping NWOBHM band would be awesome. Tokyo Blade, Jaguar, Pagan Altar, Tygers, Hell, Raven... How about SATAN? Their new album is fucking immaculate. Yeah, it'd have to be SATAN...

Hell yes for Magic Circle and Arch/Matheos. Satan would be amazing. I'd love to see them.

I was right there when they got kicked out. It was 100% there fault. They were outside the club drinking. One one was underage. This type of stuff can get the club fined huge or even shut down. We had a suburban bar back in the 90's who did punk shows and they got shut down twice in two years and lost tons of great shows because 1 guy was drinking. There were a few other bands in the back who got in trouble for this as well. In the end it hurts the fest because it then gets tagged with trouble. I did talk to the Canadians after the show and there wasnt hard feelings as far as I could tell.

Fifth Angel would be great. Liege Lord as well. There are so many great bands to get still.

It's no secret that I want Noble Beast at Ragnarokkr! I'd love to see Demon Bitch come back too. Toxik would be cool.

How about Mike Browning's band After Death? If you could get them to play all of Nocturnus' "The Key", that would blow a lot of people's minds!

It's no secret that I want Noble Beast at Ragnarokkr! I'd love to see Demon Bitch come back too. Toxik would be cool.

How about Mike Browning's band After Death? If you could get them to play all of Nocturnus' "The Key", that would blow a lot of people's minds!

I tried to get Noble Beast this year but they were against the pay to play second stage. I would love to have them next year as well.

Simon...I talked to Unity this year and they wanted on but it was all booked already. So cross your fingers.

Any of those would be incredible but probably cost prohibitive (though I think Tokyo Blade are actually based in the US now). Lots of other great suggestions like Fifth Angel and Liege Lord. Not to copy KIT, but some others I’d like to see are Warlord, Medieval Steel, Steel Prophet. They wouldn’t get me to come since I can see them locally but Steel Assassin are also killer.

Don’t know if enough other people care about them, but I’ve always wanted to see Agony Column, and I’m pretty sure they still do an occasional reunion show (Bat Lord is currently active in Ignitor).

And finally, Corsair.

Any of those would be incredible but probably cost prohibitive (though I think Tokyo Blade are actually based in the US now). Lots of other great suggestions like Fifth Angel and Liege Lord. Not to copy KIT, but some others I’d like to see are Warlord, Medieval Steel, Steel Prophet. They wouldn’t get me to come since I can see them locally but Steel Assassin are also killer.

And finally, Corsair.
Well, the fest brought over Eldritch and Oz so I figured one of those deadly NWOBHM bands wouldn't be out of the question for a forthcoming year. But Warlord, Steel Assassin et all would rule. I'd dig Corsair, too