What Bands Would You Like To See?

I do not post very often (obviously), but I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I thought I would throw in a few ideas of good bands that I personally think would make good additions to the fest.

A couple other posts mentioned Wolverine. I think they would be a perfect addition to the lineup. Incredible vocals, very meldodic, yet very intense. Britt (Dark Tide) turned me on to them with their latsest release, "Still". Their last three discs are all very solid.

Another band that I would love to see again is Warmachine. They were incredible two years ago. They did not have a disc out at that point, but since then have released a great metal disc well worth checking out if you are into the melodic stuff. Anyway it seems that they might not be the hardest band to get, but then again I've never put a fest together.

BTW, I am listening to the Shatter Messiah disc for the first time (just came in the mail). Cool disc. Great choice for the fest.

I do not post very often (obviously), but I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I thought I would throw in a few ideas of good bands that I personally think would make good additions to the fest.

A couple other posts mentioned Wolverine. I think they would be a perfect addition to the lineup. Incredible vocals, very meldodic, yet very intense. Britt (Dark Tide) turned me on to them with their latsest release, "Still". Their last three discs are all very solid.

Another band that I would love to see again is Warmachine. They were incredible two years ago. They did not have a disc out at that point, but since then have released a great metal disc well worth checking out if you are into the melodic stuff. Anyway it seems that they might not be the hardest band to get, but then again I've never put a fest together.

BTW, I am listening to the Shatter Messiah disc for the first time (just came in the mail). Cool disc. Great choice for the fest.

Thanks for sharing.

I do think that Wolverine would be a great band for one of the slots we already have filled, but unfortunately there are no more open slots for a band like that...sorry. Definitely will consider them for next year though.

Warmachine was pretty cool when they played before, but unfortunately they wouldn't do anything for the fest now...sorry.

We're not sure what the lineup order will be yet.

And in either case, Usurper doesn't even have a new singer yet.

So are you saying that SA or ND could end up being headliners or are you just referring to the lower slots?

Also a suggestion a band called Sahg excellent stoner metal.

Really? Huh...that'd be interesting. Although, they really do need to find a new lead singer for them to even get close to where they were.

I totally agree. I read on Blabbermouth I think that they were not going to look for a singer and just all sing different songs. I guess it will keep the chemistry.

Iced Earth are gearing up for gigs!!
Ok, so it's a longshot right?
Could be a good warmup for them before the summer festival circuit.
Not a long drive from Indiana (Ripper is from Ohio I think)...

Nice to see you posting once in a while, Pat !! Agreed on Wolverine ... I need to see them. Maybe something next year will work out. Agreed on Warmachine as well ... that last disc of theirs is excellent, and I thought they were one of the standouts at Powerfest a couple years ago. I understand Rob's thoughts though ... might not be much of a draw yet.

As for the near/or top of the lineup headliners I'd love to see someone like King Diamond, Nevermore, Symphony X, or Jag Panzer. I would then be guarenteed to really enjoy at least one headliner, and I think all four could get some asses into the Pearl Room.

Some mid-card types that I really want to perform live are Machine Men, Mystic Prophecy, Astral Doors, Dead Soul Tribe, Persuader, and Scar Symmetry.

Britt

Okay, here's one of my fantasy supah group ideas. I'd like to see everyone who has ever been a member of Sepultura and Soulfly together on one great BIG stage, outdoors in the summer. It would need to be a huge stage to fit all the percussion (and other) instruments/musicians/props comfortably. The musicians would jam for hours doing their entire discographies. Somebody (anybody?!) other than Durst would do the rapping parts. :heh: I'd have my own space somewhere where I could wave my freak flag high if I so desire. :D If it's hot-n-sweaty kind of weather, that's okay. I'll go to my hairdresser's salon a day or two before the show and have them braid my hair into several braids...to help feel more comfortable in the heat. :D At the show I would possibly venture out of my personal space to join in the group activites near the stage... to enhance the sweat pit (sweat lodge) vision quest dealy-do, etc, etc. ;) Yeah, I think listening to either of those bands, especially their heavier tribal stuff, seems to activate that percentage of Native American DNA in my system. The times I've seen Soulfly seem to bear witness to that,:heh: although back then the beer consumption might have helped the freak-flag waving action along, but not all of it. Anyway, since the beer/assholcohol have been cut out of the diet, that fantasy show - nowadays - might result in some serious visionary insights.

Yeah, there's ONE of my ideas. :D

I am not familiar with SOULFLY (Aside from a couple vids I have seen). Is it true though that they actually say things to the crowd like, "Jump Da Fuck Up!" :lol:

Ahh. I was at the first rail for CF in September.

Nice, I did not make that gig.
I know Larry and Paul (from Nov Doom) were there.
I always liked Frost, but was never a huge fan.
I wasn't too interested when they did the reunion thing

(Though I would certainly welcome the opportunity to see them)