What Bands Would You Like To See?

No to Symphony X....they tour and play enough around the states. I would rather see someone else I havent seen yet.

These festivals aren't 100% about bands people haven't seen. I'll gladly take a mix of established acts, with bands that haven't played in the U.S. often or even at all. Symphony X is another band that would both draw and go over extremely well. Remember too, it costs a ton of money to fly over established bands from other continents - the Powerfest isn't at that budget level yet.

Jason

I think Jag Panzer and Symphony X would be a good fit, though I agree with Bob that neither would really get the "wow" factor you look for when waiting to see bands announced for a fest.

Keep in mind, Symphony X's last tour was Gigantour, plus they have a very hugely hyped new album coming out. I am sure they already have major tour plans in the works on their own. Though anything could happen I suppose.

Very good points Jasonic - well taken.

I guess I was going for the 'what bands would you like to see' - focus on the 'like' - as opposed to what bands would be more likely/profitable etc.

Just going with my opinion.

I'll still be going to the fest! :D
:headbang:

I would LOVE to see Symphony X this year, but Jasonic is probably right about them having tour plans for their new album. I doubt they will be appearing this year, but I'm still hoping. The most fun I ever have at a show, is when I'm at a Symphony X show.

I would LOVE to see Symphony X this year, but Jasonic is probably right about them having tour plans for their new album. I doubt they will be appearing this year, but I'm still hoping. The most fun I ever have at a show, is when I'm at a Symphony X show.

Dude, are you serious? I consider myself a Symphony X fan. Though I have seen them twice, and in all honesty, both times it seemed like Russell Allen would rather be anywhere else except at the show. I left seeing them both times wondering if the band gets along at all. They just didn't seem to click as a band.

Dude, are you serious? I consider myself a Symphony X fan. Though I have seen them twice, and in all honesty, both times it seemed like Russell Allen would rather be anywhere else except at the show. I left seeing them both times wondering if the band gets along at all. They just didn't seem to click as a band.
Really?? I've seen them several times and Russell always seems to be having a good time. They are usually pretty darn tight as a band. I've never come away dissapointed in one of their shows and I have seen them six times.

Britt

Everytime I have seen them live, they always are joking around with each other and having fun on stage. Russell and Romeo especially. I have seen them three times I think. First was with Blind Guardian at the Metro, second was them and Devin Townsend at the Metro also, and then on Gigantour. Were you at one of these shows?

I've seen these guys a total of eighteen times and I've never seen what you're talking about. If anyone enjoys being on stage, it's Russell. That dude is a total ham. :lol:

~C

I was at the Metro show where Devin Townsend opened, and then the 2nd time I saw them was when they opened for Queensryche at House of Blues. I would say the Metro gig was definitely better performance wise. Hey, these are just my perceptions of my experience seeing them live. I am sure you guys who have seen them more times might think differently.

Would be interesting though if Symph X was landed, considering they were many people's number one wish list band for Prog Power.
(would they even be ready to play live though within 3 months?)

I was at the Metro show where Devin Townsend opened...

Uh...don't you mean where Twelfth Gate opened? :p :cool:

Although some of the other guys (drummer & keyboardist specifically) seem to be all "serious", Russ always seems like he's having a blast.

And yeah, we also opened at the SymX/BG show the year before...which is still the best show TG ever played. :kickass:

And hmmm...we play with SymX 2 years in a row & then a year after that, the keyboardist names his solo album "Enter Through The Twelfth Gate". Coincidence? Hmmm.... :Smug: :p

Rob - I recall I had a class that night. I didn't get to that show until right before Symph X played. I didn't even know you guys played that. I didn't see Heavy Devy either (though I am not too upset about that).

I did notice that their keyboardist named their album Enter Through the Twelfth Gate. You should sue em!

And yeah, we also opened at the SymX/BG show the year before...which is still the best show TG ever played. :kickass:

No way dude, not to take away from that night cause it was an excellent performance but your set at Powerfest 2 years ago (the year tad morose played) you guys smoked, that was your best set to date that I've seen!

Oh and to stay on topic....

Evergrey
Scar Symmetry
Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend
Amorphis
Nightingale or any Swano project really
Iron Maiden
Bulletboys
Sacred Dawn (cause they rule and everybody needs to know about them!)

No way dude, not to take away from that night cause it was an excellent performance but your set at Powerfest 2 years ago (the year tad morose played) you guys smoked, that was your best set to date that I've seen!

Well, thanks Tony...but I meant from a band experience point of view...playing in front of a sold-out Metro crowd, hanging out with SX & BG, and winning over a ton of new fans...not necessarily the performance itself.

And you really think that Powerfest was our best performnce? I was the color green that year from drinking a bit too much the night before. :zombie: :ill: Damn Swedes, and their party habits! :lol: I'm glad I was able to pull it off for you though...or maybe it was more so that the other guys were able to compensate for my poopy-ness. :p

Well, thanks Tony...but I meant from a band experience point of view...playing in front of a sold-out Metro crowd, hanging out with SX & BG, and winning over a ton of new fans...not necessarily the performance itself.

And you really think that Powerfest was our best performnce? I was the color green that year from drinking a bit too much the night before. :zombie: :ill: Damn Swedes, and their party habits! :lol: I'm glad I was able to pull it off for you though...or maybe it was more so that the other guys were able to compensate for my poopy-ness. :p

Lol I think we were all in pretty rough shape that day but we did it all for metal :headbang: