Where Would You Like to see Nevermore Go Next?

Lotus_Eater_RVD

The Unholy Messiah
Aug 30, 2001
PA
Visit site
...on their musical journey that is. there is a massive difference in styles in the Dreaming Neon Black album and Dead Heart. which way would you like to see them turn, if at all...

i'd like to see them follow up Dead Heart with an album that is kind of a mix of DH and DNB. it would be an interesting album, and would combine many of their good points in one musical explosion.

I would like to see nevermore put DHIADW behind them...

A cross between PoE and DNB would be awesome; Awesome guitaring mixed with a dark theme...

I think that whatever comes next should a bit more complex! PoE has really shown ways to progressive paths never walked before!
Of course DNB & DHIADW offer some other kind of magic, like emotion, incredible atmosphere etc. but it is time to go for the throat again. Anyway I believe that whichever way the river will flow, nothing can knock Nevermore off their throne!:headbang:

I would agree that a combination of "Dreaming" and "Dead Heart" would be amazing. I think we all would agree, that we would like to see more of the elements, that were present on "Dreaming", present on thier next release.

What made "Dreaming" so amazing was the slower stuff. Songs like "Dreaming Neon Black", "The Lotus Eaters", "Cenotaph", and "Forever" are incredible. It's rare that a band so powerful, is able to craft such amazing slower peices, without them drifting into that "power balad" territory that "Believe in Nothing" and "The Heart Collector" unfortunately headed towards.

GZ

I think Nevermore has to have the oddest progressions out of any band I've heard (with-out pulling a Paradise Lost, Tiamat Theatre of Tragedy. You get the idea)

Nevermore
The starting point. Decent songs but a weak production kinda killed it for me.Not really heavy or dark, just kinda there.

In Memory
A darker, heavy EP. With the exception of Warrel's vox almost sounds like a different band.

POE
From left field. Aggressive, Extremely technical and well..... pissed off. One again sounding virtually nothing like the previous album.

DNB
A dark, heavy, moody masterpiece (still my fave-thus far). To me it seems like the "missing" album between IM and POE.

DHIADW
I'm still kinda undecided on this one. It took awhile for it to truly grow on me, some songs took instantly.Others still crawling. I think it's kinda a bridge between POE and DNB.

As for where they go next. The cycle seems like it would be a mix of DNB and DHIADW. Maybe they'll up the technical aspect occasionally but only they know,Probability says they don't know either.

They should explore the darker realms of extreme metal. That would just make them EVEN BETTER.

lml› Ò_Ó ‹lml

I would like to listen something as technical,sentimental and anti-commercial as PoE,but not PoE part II.Nevermore have always managed making albums that differ a lot,but still strangely keeping the NM identity.
Anyway,that's what I would LIKE to hear,but I don't think they will go towards that direction.May they prove me wrong.

Originally posted by General Zod
I think we all would agree, that we would like to see more of the elements, that were present on "Dreaming", present on thier next release.
not me :p

NoLordy would like to see another PoE style sound (not a clone though)
Maybe a mix of all their sounds (That would be interesting :) )

Dan your going to make me paranoid hahahaha... I think the new one will be in the same vein as Dead Heart but a bit more technical... we will just have to wait and see, I doubt they will let me down though, but who knows

May I quote Warrel less than a week ago, he said in Toronto (to the crowd) "We are working on a new record...it will be CRUSHING". That's all I know right now...

I think Nevermore has to have the oddest progressions out of any band I've heard (with-out pulling a Paradise Lost, Tiamat Theatre of Tragedy. You get the idea)

Ha ha ha ha.... what about Metallica... or Megadeth?... or Slayer?... or Sepultura?... In flames?... Morbid Angel?

I think i just shot you in the foot dude. :lol:

On a different note; I think i have finally worked out why i don't like DHIADW much...

What you see is what you get. It is straightforward, there is no 'journey' in the music, and there is no underlying message or thought provocation...!

Close your eyes and Listen to '42147', or 'The Learning', and note how the music and the lyrics reflect each other, they are both a progression, a journey (-yes LSD, just like a trip-).

(It's the same with Opeth's 'STILL LIFE'. Put the cd on, close your eyes, and go for a journey, dissapear)

BUT THEN...! :

Listen to DHIADW. There is nothing that makes you spin out, or think, dream, or dissapear in... What you see is what you get.

(Just for reference, i like some of the material on DHIADW, i think riverdragon is a cool song, same with DHIADW... but they don't take you on that journey that both Nevermore and Sanctuary are know for...)

I also feel the same with Opeth's Blackwater Park. I love Still Life, Morningrise etc.... But Blackwater park is just a pile of riffs put together in a hurry. Not a journey... rather a puzzle...

Same with Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction. I love it, it's awesome metal. But it doesn't take you somewhere, basically you are just sitting in your room with the radio on. Whereas Rust in Peace, (especially Holy wars, Hangar 18, Rust in peace...!) and 'Killing is my buisiness (Loved to Death...) makes you feel, and makes the music into thought...

(It's just one of those days, is it not??)

I think the next album will(should) be a combination of PoE and DHIADW (with epmhasis in PoE elements).
I don't think there will be another DNB.Miracles happen once...

"Dan your going to make me paranoid hahahaha"

just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get ya!!

forget about POE it'll NEVER happen again

as far as warrell's comments, we'll just wait and see, but I'm skeptical (you always hear the new one's gonna be the heaviest, fastest, mind-numbingest) allright i made the last one up!!

"May I quote Warrel less than a week ago, he said in Toronto (to the crowd) "We are working on a new record...it will be CRUSHING". "

I remember when he said that. Let;s just hopes it comes true. Some more beautyful technical precision like on Politics would be nicee. We'll see.

they need to get a dj,horn section,percussionist,and a girl playing tamborine on the side(hahahahahhahahahhahahhaahahah) if not, how about an album with a little more aggression. im not talking morbid angel, but maybe an album with not as many acoustic intros. id like across between INDIVIDUAL THOUGHT PATTERNS AND DHIADW. and what the hell a little CONFESSOR tossed in for the doom factor.

Well, that's all good and well, but nevermore didn't release ITP, and they don't play or write anything like DEATH, so there goes that theory.

But if you really want to go there, I'd like to see DEATH release a cross between HUMAN and ITP.

And Nevermore release a cross between POE, IM, DNB.

the question was, where would you like to see them go next. so i replied to that. i've jammed overactive imagination with loomis on stage before, and did you notice after being on tour with death, the next album was more aggressive than the first one. the ability to play that style is there so i say do it . leave the clean guitar intros to a minimun is all im saying. i hear enough on the radio, so if i buy something i really dont want to hear them.