NEVERMORE DVD????

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
Does anyone know if NEVERMORE is going to release a DVD? I know one was released with the expanded edition of Dead Heart....., but I would like to see DVD of a live show(s), all their videos, and maybe bonus footage backstage, on tour, goofing off, etc... I have all the videos recorded on VHS but would like to have them in one collection. Any and all info is appreciated.

Yes, they filmed the studio time and are now filming Gigantour. Dunno if the camera crew will be with them in Europe or not. The plans are to release a DVD with just such things as you are asking for. This could change, but this is the plan as I know of it.

Lillitu said:
Yes, they filmed the studio time and are now filming Gigantour. Dunno if the camera crew will be with them in Europe or not. The plans are to release a DVD with just such things as you are asking for. This could change, but this is the plan as I know of it.
if yer joking around ill kill you :p
seriously that rocks!!!

Wolftribe said:
hmmm yeh they have, but even if not... thats not true
well you are right, but it really depends on how much they want to put into the DVD.
they could easily take some concert footage and backstage footage then slam it onto a DVD, but this isn't the same as really making a DVD.
a dvd would have to be remastered into 5.1+ sound, the actual recording would have to be higher than CD quality: at least 48khz (usually they aim for at least 192khz 24bit). its not easy to get the studio equipment into a live scenerio, though a good amount of places have the equipment, its not always being used.
also live sound usually doesn't compare with a studio. when you make a DVD it has to have that live CD aspect to it.
as far as sales, last time i looked nevermore only sold about 5k records on their latest release. im' more looking at bands that sell like more than double that in america in their first week.
there's a DVD and then there's a DVD.

opeth is much more popular than nevermore. same with SYL. i don't know of the other band. Emporer isn't relying on US sales and such. nevermore live in the US and are trying to get more popular in the US.

i also know a band that is barely popular and is making a DVD.
but as i was saying, i'm referring more to the label's choice in backing them than an individual release. creating a good DVD takes a lot of time and money to create in comparison to a CD.

Thanks for the info. Also, I believe there was a DVD (short in length) that came with a limited edition DHIADW, that included live performances of the band w/ Curran Murphy and comments by Brian Fair of Shadows Fall and others.

the phish said:
******UBER UPDATE******* Warrel said in the chat that there WILL be an NM date released late next year.

Yeah, he was very clear about that and Jeff has been in several interviews.

It's a no-brainer at this point. It would sell thousands of copies easily.
Just in the US according to current sound scan recording, they have grossed over 1.5 million in sales during thier history. Of course they do not see shit from that, but the rcord company has a steady money maker. They have become a great long term investment.
Now consider sales worldwide outside of the us, wich are not recorded by soundscan. They are far more popular in Europe than they are in the states.

If Fates Warning can put out 3 DVD's, then I think Nevermore is capable of one.
If it helps...I will buy 2:worship:

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
hu? i dont think they sold more than 100 000 in total in the US? were do you have that number from?

That is gross dollars earned. Not total nuber or records sold.
It's not very much at all for a ten year period, and at the percentage they earn as the artist the barely have made enough to live.