Ns10m Fuse Mod...

Joshua Wickman

Yes Sir!
Feb 11, 2009
Michigan
Ok Ive had a pair of Ns10m collecting dust for the past year and I just bought a power amp finally. Now I read about people doing a fuse mod to save the tweeters or woofers from blowing. Ive been looking all morning on a how to guide or some instructions of what fuses ext... and i can not find anything helpfull.

So if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

not officially, but with the price of ns10 drivers going up, putting a fuse or lightbulb in them can help prevent blowing the precious white cones

running them on all the ns'10s in our studio.

We're doing 1 amp for the tweeter and 1.5 amp for the cones. All fuses are fast blow. I'd say on average I blow a fuse about every couple of months.

running them on all the ns'10s in our studio.

We're doing 1 amp for the tweeter and 1.5 amp for the cones. All fuses are fast blow. I'd say on average I blow a fuse about every couple of months.

See I was going to just run a in-line fuse on the speaker wire. How do you do for each the cone and tweeter? I'm guessing you have to get inside and do some modding and wire cutting....

why would you use a slow blow for something like that? all it takes is one spike to toast a speaker...better to let the fuse eat that shit!

Ah ok, makes sense - why is it that amp fuses are always slow-blow then? Assume I know absolutely nothing about any of this, so be gentle :D