Nuendo/Pro Tools Drum editing

batlas

Jan 21, 2006
Reykjavik, Iceland
So my band just recorded a few tracks this weekend...and well I have about 6 takes of each song and am and going to cut up and match all the tightest parts together. Does anyone have any good tips on how to do this quickly and efficiently?

We ran into some problems with Digi002...fucked up..
but ended up using M-Audio Project Mix (basicly Firewire 1814 with a control surface) and with 8 extra channels through a Behringer AD8000 and recorded to Nuendo instead of Pro Tools.

As I have limited experience with both..wich is better?
to edit the stuff in Nuendo or Export it too Pro Tools 7 ?

It's all down to which one you are better at using, I find editing in Nuendo to be much quicker myself but that 'cos I have spent the past 3yrs editing in Nuendo and have less than a few months total experience with Pro Tools (I've never used PT for more than a week at a time either).

If you're playing to a click (tightly) Nuendo is going to be easier IMO because of drag and drop.

If you go ProTools, be sure to group all the tracks for mixing so that any editing (cutting and pasting as well as fading) will be applied equally to all tracks.

Obviously make sure the tempos are the same when doing this, and beware of cymbal bleed disappearing/appearing out of nowhere if you cut/paste at bad spots.

I usually have to do this once or twice for each band I do and usually it comes out pretty flawlessly.

Thanks allot guys. Maybe i'll post some samples in a couple of weeks.

My JSX arrived today and gonna take a few days to familiarise before recording...have to buy a transformer though...stupid 120vac. I just assumed it had the option of usins 220vac...so many amps have a switch for that.

And also arrived today a couple of V30's to swap in my 1960a box...gonna try out that X pattern thingamagik...