NYDM

Morpheus Descends and Ceremonium are the only other worthwhile NY Death Metal bands I can think of at the moment aside from Suffocation, which you obviously already know.

Mortician suck. And they aren't even NYDM, from a stylistic standpoint.

Can't say I've heard much of, Deteriorot, but if you are looking for dm in the vein of Incantation, try:

Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd
Infester - To the Depths in Degradation
Necrophiliac - Chaopula: Citadel Of Mirrors

Fleshcrawl - Descend into the Absurd
Infester - To the Depths in Degradation
Necrophiliac - Chaopula: Citadel Of Mirrors

These are all fantastic, but also a little more experimental/atmospheric than you may even like. Still, get them.

I'll second Morpheus Descends too. Super-cavernous, atrocious sound.

Haha, for a moment, I thought you were talking about the culty group of people that are NYDM.

I simply can't understand what you guys are seeing in Morpheus Descends. The sound is just awfully blurry and messy(I only have it on CD-R) and there doesn't seem to be much interesting going on in the songs. I get this "uh, wow, is this thing still on?" every time I listen to Ritual of Infinity . I'll have to check out their Chronicles album to see if I like it better.

I totally second Ceremonium and Fleshcrawl-they are awesome!

What the fuck Dark Bliss? The riffing in Morpheus Descends is fucking awesome. It has a thick Suffocation sound, but with odd riffs thrown in there.

Profanity
ROTTREVORE!

What the fuck Dark Bliss? The riffing in Morpheus Descends is fucking awesome. It has a thick Suffocation sound, but with odd riffs thrown in there.
Nah, I don't hear it. All the good riffs are buried under all this fuzz, which makes the whole album really indistinct and hard to enjoy. It's crushing but not very memorable.

Something like the first Cenotaph(Mex) album also has an even fuzzier sound, come to think of it , but it's a softer fuzz, if that makes any sense and it's generally more melodically inclined with the melodies well-pronounced in the mix.Ritual of Infinity sounds too lo-fi, I guess, like something that was ripped from a tape.