Dark, filthy death metal straight from the crypt!!

I-Oblivion-I

Aug 29, 2006
The title pretty much explains what style of death metal I'm looking for however the two bands which I feel do this the best are:

Incantation: Especially their first album onwards to golgotha, it doesnt get much darker than this.

Amorphis: Their ep privilege of evil is some of the most filthy death metal I've ever heard, absolutely great stuff!

Other bands that are also good would be funebrarum, asphyx, funerus, gorement, dead congregation and maybe immolation to some extent do to their very twisted, angular riffing. any recs would be appreciated.

Mortem (Peru)
Miasma
Vomination
Karnarium
Uncanny
Necroccultus

lots more

Thanks for the recs I really need to check out autopsy, havent gotten around to them yet, Karnarium and mortem also seem really promising as well.

As for cryptopsy, they can sound pretty dark at some parts on their first two albums, but they arent exactly what im looking for. As for SoP....well I'm not even gunna bother haha.

Might as well throw in Obituary too, you're not going to get much filthier.

Absu - Temples of Offal
Belial - Wisdom of Darkness
Cenotaph - The Gloomy Reflections of Our Hidden Sorrows
Convulse - World Without God
Crematory (Swe) - Denial
Crematory (Swe) - Wrath From the Unknown
Demigod - Unholy Domain
Crypt of Kerberos - The Macrodex of War
Goreaphobia - Omen of Masochism
Infester - To the Depths... In Degradation
Luciferion - Demonication (The Manifest)
Megaslaughter - Calls From the Beyond
Merciless - The Awakening
Miasma - Changes
Moondark - The Shadowpath
Mourning - Greetings From Hell
Purtenance - Member of Immortal Damnation
Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia
Therion - ...Of Darkness

These should keep you busy for a while.

Huh, I forgot Cenotaph. That album Fits the bill perfectly:kickass:
By the way, it's the Mexican Cenotaph, whereas the Necrophiliac are the Spanish band, not the Mexican one

If you have no idea what he is asking for then do not recommend anything at all, it is counterproductive.

Rottrevore - Iniquitous should fit this well.

ok I ordered Megaslaughter - Calls From the Beyond from hellsheadbangers, cant wait for it to arrive! :kickass: