NZ show all ages or R18?

breathingmetal

April Ethereal
Dec 20, 2004
New Zealand
Sorry in advance if this has already been covered.
I purchased my tickets from ticket direct, who stated the show will be R18. Yet recently I heard that it may be all ages. Is this true?
Thanks for your help

I think opethNZ is correct, thanks for the post. I tried contacting the St James venue this morning, but realised Sunday is out of operating hours. I will try again tomorrow, but for now it looks as though it's still r18

Pain While Urinating said:
Well I'm also confused as well.
Because why would C4 (in quite large print) in the ad say ALL AGES?

Cuz C4 sucks ass, they probably dont even know who Opeth are, anything that isnt top 20 virtually doesnt exist on that station.

OpethNZ is right, listen to the man.

It's actaully all ages. I rang up the St James. They said something about wanting to put up R18 on the website because it was an R18 venue... or someshit like that.

Thankfully, I no longer have to worry about being underage for concerts anymore. And I just got my drivers licence so i've got some decent ID. But it's dissapointing that the St James only bothered to change it from being R18 to all-ages now, just a few days before the concert, probably a lot of people around the country who'd wanted to have come, but aren't due to age, only to find out now that they could've.....

Still, it's only a few days until the concert and I cannot wait. It's going to be a blast, taking the day off of work just to make sure i'm there with plenty of time to spare.

Shieldman said:
Thankfully, I no longer have to worry about being underage for concerts anymore. And I just got my drivers licence so i've got some decent ID. But it's dissapointing that the St James only bothered to change it from being R18 to all-ages now, just a few days before the concert, probably a lot of people around the country who'd wanted to have come, but aren't due to age, only to find out now that they could've.....

Still, it's only a few days until the concert and I cannot wait. It's going to be a blast, taking the day off of work just to make sure i'm there with plenty of time to spare.

I guess I fit in there.

I saw the ad on C4 last night (just turned TV on after watching a DVD) and an ad-break started, the Opeth ad was the second advert and it did state 'All ages show'

Dammit, I got my drivers licence for nothing.... :cry: :rolleyes:

hmm probably means that ticket sales werent that great bit of a shame for the image of nz, but should make it a more intimate show

How old are you? If you are like 16 or 17, you should get in easy if its 18+. At the Melbourne gigs, ID wasn't even required. My mate managed to get some girls in who were at least 16.