O/T: Anyone(Cincy) see the fights last night?

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Last night was a shitty night for heavywieght boxing, yet another shitty night at that. I bought the Holmes/Butterbean PPV since it was only $20, and Larry to me is a legend who doesn't get the respect he deserves. That being said, the fight was pretty boring, and the PPV not well produced. Since it was Holmes last fight, they should have chronicled his career and gave him a nice send off, but they did nothing. Before that fight, Showtime had the "White Buffalo" vs the "Black Rhino" it was actually a good brawl, so it got ruled a draw. Then later on in the night, the Ruiz/Johnson fiasco was just that, a fiasco, a friggin' circus. Had Johnson not thrown low blows, he surely could have beaten Ruiz. Niether fighter could stand a chance against Lewis.

I didnt pay for the Holmes Vs Butterbean, I cant believe that that was even PPV. It had to be one of the lowest rated PPVs ever. Kirk Johnson Vs Ruiz was sad. Those kind of fights are bad for boxing. Ruiz sucks, throw a punch then clinch. The best fight was The Cincinnati Kidd, Tim Austin Vs Adon Varges. I wish Austin would move up a bit in weight to get some money and better fighters. But he says he wants to unify the bantemweight belts.
I think the DQ was weak and that the low blows were not intentional. I also think the ref was baited on two of the low blows. One looked like it was on the hip and the other didnt look that low. Ruizs acting baited the low blow calls in my opinion. And thay said Hollyfield was Ruiz next mandatory!!! Dear God Hollyfield/Ruiz 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However if you get a chance to see the Tim Austin fight watch it. They rerun the fights all week at different times.