O/T: Attn: Hot Dog Eating Baseball Fans!!

bRaTpRiNcEsS

Feb 4, 2002
Past the Point of Caring
Visit site
Baseball fans will eat 26.1 million hot dogs
Associated Press
April 02, 2002 08:15:00

WASHINGTON - So how many hot dogs will baseball fans eat at ballparks this season?

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates more than 26.1 million.

That many wieners would stretch from PNC Park in Pittsburgh to Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles - or feed everyone in New York and Virginia.

The Council says that despite a trend toward other menu items at stadiums, hot dogs and sausages are the most popular selections with fans.

Other hot dog tidbits: Dodger Stadium is tops is sales, fans at Seattle's Safeco Field prefer their buns toasted and their dogs topped with sauerkraut, and Comiskey Park in Chicago is the only major league venue that serves more kosher dogs than regular.

I only went to BankOne Ballpark once and I don't think I ate anything while I was there (we had shitty seats and left early, we just went to see what the fuss was about-new ballpark and all) but America West Arena has the best hot dogs and pretzels EVER. That I've had, anyway. :lol:

Oh come on, you're all MEN, you all (or most) like baseball, and I KNOW you all eat hot dogs. It's not really all that off topic though, cause Anthrax like baseball too...

And, dear NFF, I looked, but there wasn't any Britney today, that's why you got the weenie story. But if no one wants my Britney stories anymore, I'll gladly stop. (Now's your chance to save them Thra:rofl:ude, Louse and Steve.)

I think Major League Baseball is boring, but I like the National Basketball Association, so we're even. I do enjoy hot dogs anytime I'm at anytime of sporting event. And there was a bar when I was in college that is famous for there hot dogs: The Union Bar and Grill, had like 15 varieties. I ate the taco dogs at least twice a week! As we speak I am making some beer braughts out on the grill (the weather was nice today).

I went to opening day at Riverfront yesterday (I refuse to call it Cinergy Field) and ate two dogs and had six beers. It's the last opening day at Riverfront because the new stadium opens next year, so even though the tickets were pricey, I had to go.

The Reds beat the Cubs 5-4. No dingers for Sosa.

j

Taco dogs?? Sounds gross but...mmmkay. I'm not the biggest baseball fan that ever lived, I just decided last week that I was going to start watching it again this year, let's see if I keep up with that. I'm gonna have to go back to the Mets (grew up on 'em) because I'm just so tired of hearing about the Diamondbacks. They could make Curt Schilling taking a dump into a press conference around here, I swear. My kid seemed pretty interested last fall when my husband had the playoffs on, and he's older now so I'm gonna end up having it on anyway. :mad:

Yo Jeff: (corporate names are so gay)
The new park will be nice. Riverfront was so.......lifeless I guess, for baseball or football. I might catch a game this year since the place will be no more soon. I'm not a big Reds fan, but I remember watching Johnny bench and Pete Rose there when I was a kid. Also, even though I am a Browns fan, I am a football fan first and foremost, and I have seen several football games there. If it was a matchup that at all interested me, I'd go watch it...Plus my friend Lori is a beer babe at Riverfront....

Here in Columbus at the Clippers (the Yankees AAA team) who play in a shady stadium (Cooper Stadium host to 4 nights of Garth Brooks in 1996!!) in a shady neighborhood (yo wassup westsyde) have "dime-a-dog" night. Now that is fun to go to and get shit faced and watch the "dog-o-meter" climb up and see if the crowd you are with can set a new record.

cle.gif

GO INDIANS!!

TD-It wasn't just the stadium that was lifeless, Cincy fans pretty much suck. Every time I go to a game, I feel like the loudest, drunkest asshole there (probably because I am). Have you been to Paul Brown stadium yet? It kicks a whole lotta ass.

j

EEWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Mustard sucks balls!! I fucking hate mustard. The only thing I hate more than mustard is the fucks who put mustard on my burgers. What the fuck is that shit??? Mustard does NOT belong on a burger, yet every place south and west of Jersey does it. It's disgusting. And people look at me like I'M the moron when I say "NO MUSTARD." Even if I loved mustard more than life itself, I would still end up hating it because it's on all my burgers. I have this debate with my husband just about every time we eat out.

But, HE would say yellow mustard unless it's on brats and then it should be golden, or on chicken nuggets/strips and then it should be honey mustard. I have to buy the shit at Costco just so I don't run out of it every week.

KETCHUP RULES!!! :lol:

Jeff: I wasn't gonna dis Cincy cos I figure it is your stomping ground, but man on man, those fans suck. I think part of the reason I wound up a Browns fan was attending both teams home games in my youth. The fans in Cincy don't know dick about the opposition ("Who the fuck is this Aikman guy, we got Boomer") and they just sit there. As a kid I saw the "Dawgpound" it wasn't called the dawgpund way back when, it was just the cheap section, and it was full of rabid football fans getting drunk stoned and having fun!!! And, yes Paul Brown Stadium is fabulous, now if Mike Brown would give the city and the stadium a team.

In general, Brat, I agree, mustard sucks in all its forms, especially on burgers. I don't like it on hot dogs, unless they are fried, then I'll have them with a thinly spread layer of yellow mustard, in addition to the usual assortment of other condiments.

WTF! Dissing mustard! Mustard is a staple in every fridge in america, right beside the milk and heinz ketchup. I only put it on hot dogs and ham sandwiches. BTW, if you ever go to a Browns game, you only see brown mustard, wonder why? LOL When it comes to my burgers it is ketchup and mayonaise, unless I throw some baby swiss cheese and bacon on said burger, then it requires BBQ sauce. Retractable Field!?!?!?! Bidwill is a total clusterfuck. It is a contest between him and Mike Brown of Cincy to see who can do worse year in and year out.