O/T: Attn: Hot Dog Eating Baseball Fans!!

Yep, a retractable field. I want to :puke: every time I see the little model on the news. They're also going to have a retractable roof, which they're only doing because the Diamondbacks have one, and since THEY have the newer stadium, they can't be outdone. (Even though the Diamondbacks need it a LOT more being in Phoenix in June/July/August). No word yet on the pool, but I'm sure it'll be there.

As for mustard, this fridge is never without. He uses it for everything: fries, tater tots, hot dogs, burgers, sandwiches, sausage, bratwurst...He tried putting it on a grilled cheese once but I slapped it out of his hand (it's bad enough he uses ketchup on it).

They haven't said what the logic is, just that they'll have one.

I *think* it's to preserve the grass. How a retractable field would do ANYTHING for the grass, I don't know. They have all kinds of shit at the Ballpark now (Colangelo originally swore NOTHING but baseball would take place there, that lasted about a year) and nothing happens to the grass there. Or anywhere else for that matter. I have no idea what the logic is behind it.

Went the home opener yesterday and saw the O's rip Clemens a new asshole !! People were wearing shirts that read "I luv NY, it's the Yankees I hate". I beg to differ about baseball being boring. Baseball is the best for a bunch of different reasons. Tickets are cheap compared to football and basketball. Also, you don't have to keep your eyes glued to the tv like you do with basketball. You have time to grab a beer, take a piss, or go squirt mustard on your dog.

Gotta love Dodger Dogs!!! Of course, those may be the best thing about going to Dodger Stadium this year considering the team on the field. It's gonna be a long year as a Dodger fan. Oh well. Go Avengers!!!!

Rich

They were talking about the pace of baseball the other night on ESPN. Talking about giving the pitchers only 12 seconds to warm up and throw a pitch. Limiting the amount of times the pitcher can try and pick off a base runner. The amount of warm up pitches for relievers. I'm fine with it all. I think it's just right.

Baseball is a cool game to attend...grab a few beers, sit in the cheap seats and talk about life with your buddies. As a TV sport it can really drag...didn't one of the World Series games last year take over four hours? It wasn't even an extra-inning game.

Rich

Alex, I agree. Sometimes they just stand there and it pisses me off. I'm sure they're "concentrating" but SHIT!! Throw the fucking ball already!!!

Coop, I think so, but I don't remember which one. I remember it rained for like 2 minutes of game 7 and everyone I know called me and said "They're gonna win cause it's raining!!" You see, since it pretty much never rains here, when it does rain, people think it's a sign that something is going to happen. Not that I think the rain had anything to do with them winning or anything. I know those games were loooonngg and I got kind of bored at times, I even logged on and took those stupid polls when they put them up just for something to do.

Originally posted by TD
steroid eating homos rub up against one another in their underwear

Yep, that's about all that is. I don't watch it, I haven't watched it in years, and I sure as hell don't plan on letting my son watch it either. Boxing does nothing for me, but I don't have anything against it either.

Boxing is in trouble. I think Evander is still the favorite amongst the people, but he is but a shadow of his former self. Lennox Lewis is an arrogant prick, and a foreigner, so fuck him. Tyson is a psycho criminal. That's it, those are the only three marketable names right now. However the 90's were a GREAT decade for boxing when you look at all the matches, and someone will come along and be the next great heavyweight! In the meantime Holyfield is fighting Rahman and Tyson is fighting Lewis in the same week. Lots of beer drinking and gambling at my house that week.

so what is it with you Americans and boring overlong games. American football lasts about 4 hours and consists of fat blokes and thin blokes swaping places on the field. Baseball, one guy tries to outstare another guy, oh god the tension!. Now FOOTBALL sorry SOCCER what a game, 90 minutes of sheer adrenaline rush + we have meat pies at half time, far better than hotdogs. The thing the games do have in commen are the stupid wages the players get paid in England this is crippling the game I love.

Thought I'd get a bit more flak for those comments. No, not got your tape yet maybe there's a problem with the address ;) we have great songs let the gore hit the floor, lets all die tonight,genetically modified death, puking up (your) guts to name but a few. If the thought of singing those gems can't get you on a transatlantic flight Idon't know what will:p

I just got back from Kansas city. I went down for the baseball opener and what a blast! If any of you follow baseball, you know of our situation. Not to many Bud fans here. I love baseball and the Twin's but if they are gone it will be hard to keep following the game. To anyone from the Kansas City area, you have a great town!