O/T: Cars

dailyvault

35 and counting...
May 2, 2005
Gurnee, IL
There's enough of us on this board who have kids, and since the family and I just got back from the theatre, let me throw the question out there...

If you've seen it, what did you think of the movie Cars?

I thought the backgrounds were outstanding, but the story was weak and the outcome was a bit predictable. Paul Newman's character was great, though, and Michael Keaton really did create a character you love to hate.

I'd still rather have seen Over The Hedge with the kids, though...

dailyvault said:
There's enough of us on this board who have kids, and since the family and I just got back from the theatre, let me throw the question out there...

I thought the backgrounds were outstanding, but the story was weak and the outcome was a bit predictable. Paul Newman's character was great, though, and Michael Keaton really did create a character you love to hate.

so the Mighty Pixar have delivered a Dud??? I have to admit that I usually hang out for their films but this one seem somewhat underwhelming.

Still nothing but respect to the company that out-Disneyed Disney!

dailyvault said:

I took my kids to see Over The Hedge and it's hilarious. I didn't go see cars cuase the kids were at their moms and she took them.

My kids loved it. They both thought it was a "10 out of 10".
I enjoyed it as well.
Where it may not be a "Toy Story" or "A Bugs Life", it surely wasn't a "dud".