O/T Dave Mustaine and New Megadeth Record

lupe_m

May 15, 2003
Brownsville, TX
gmezajr.freehostia.com
I just read in megadeth.com that Megadeth are working on a new album. It should be done sometime this year. They started working on it since Oct last year. I didn't even know that they were a band again. There is one problem though. There are new members and one ex-member. The ex-member is not Dave Ellefson. It's guitarist Chris Poland. Dave also talks about what happened to his arm.

I'm excited to hear that 2 of my favorite bands will have albums released this year! Last year it was Anthrax and Metallica. Metallica kinda disappointed me, but Anthrax has never disappoints. This year Megadeth and Anthrax! :kickass:

Maybe they can hook up and do a tour together. :headbang:

Chris Poland was really good, but so was Al "the band whore" Pittrelli... Can't wait to hear the new 'Deth though! It has to be better than "The world needs a hero" (sounds like a Nickelback title eh?)

I missed where it said it was "Megadeth." I thought it was Dave Mustaine's solo album. Can you give the direct URL of where you read this?

Maybe Dave M and Chris Poland can play "Liar" live.

I just read on megadeth.com that the MD.45 CD will be re-released. My question is WHY? That has to be one of the worst albums I own. And I own the first Korn album.

I was the first person to go by "Angel of Deth" on the internet.

Will they play Liar live?

Actually, they won't play ANYTHING live. Megadeth are not back together, they are just recording a final album. Not a regrouping or reformation.

Dutchy's probably right.
I almost crapped my pants to read that Vinnie Colaiuta is on drums, coz he's the baddest drumming ass on Earth!

I liked Megadeth back in the day. Can't say much for Mr. Mustaine as a person, but his lyrics are awesome. He's really intelligent, I'll give him that much. I'm looking foward to this new recording. And yeah Dutchy, the arm incident sounds real suspicious.

Megadeth is a good band. I liked them on the Max Rock Tour. I saw them twice in the 80s well 1.5 times. Both time with Motorhead. The first time I only saw like 2 songs , so I couldn't say if they were any good the second time the blew. the Cro-Mags blew them away and almost blew Motorhead away.

Saw Megadeth 3 times and liked it. Of course Mustaine SUCKS ASS live as a singer (not as a guitarist, he kicks Kirk Hammett's ass any day), but they have some pretty fuckin' good songs. Honestly, I don't think much of TWNAH record. I like probably 2,3 songs on there. But I dig Countdown To Extinction, Youthanasia and Risk really much.

megadeth is not THEY but HIM. if he wanted to do something special then reform the RIP line-up.
to me they only have a few amazing records: peace sells, so far and rust in peace. everything else that followed was embarassingly bad, and a blatatnt attempt to get mainstrem sales (he pretty much admitted this on the behind the music DVD - well at least when referring to risk.)

i have some live footage of the band and mustaine's vocals are awful!

but this new thing with poland and vinnie should be worth picking up as they both have more of a jazz fusion background.

When I saw Megadeth at Rockfest 99, voice sounded fine. On Maximum Rock started going downhill, and on the Rude Awakening, it was bad. Compared to their records. But can't wait for this. And for those that talked about how bad Risk was, and talk about how he should get the RIP lineup back, seems that you forgot that it was Marty Friedman that was the more driving force behind the sound of Risk.

I don't see much difference between Mustaines live and studio vocals - both are okay to me, although he sounds like one of the Ren and Stimpy characters on "Sweating Bullets". Their live DVD is fucking incredible. Really, really good.