O/T: Eddie Van Halen "not doing too well."

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
Dave said this at the Hagar/Roth press conference. Apparently Eddie isn't recovering well at all. According to what I'm hearing his throat is now "cavernous," which has you can imagine, ain't very good. All over the net you hear people say "bad karma blah, blah, blah" but it seems as if Eddie is definitely in dire straits with his health. So Ty the smartass won't even joke about it. I'm just passing this info on to you music lovers. I know Bush and Benante are big VH fans (even though Charlie dissed them on the HBB years ago, go figure). Apparently that faulty metalsludge link was probably based on some truth, or was a bad omen.......all the best to Eddie, love him or hate him, he does have a beautiful wife and kids to live another day for.

Once again I ask... what the hell is going on around here? Will all the rockers die due to this fuckin´ cancer?????

This is the first I have heard of Eddie not geting better, and I wish him and his family all the best. I have ben a huge Van Halen fan, and was wondering why nothing was going on with them. If I never hear another Van Halen, but Eddie recovers fully, that would be enough for me.

Yup, first album "Fair Warning". Quite possibly one of the most tension fueled GREAT rock albums ever! Bad karma or not (or whatever) Ed has a lot of music left in him, if we do loose him, 2002 would go down as a year of tremedous loss. 2 of my fav rock gods gone? (Dave M. being the other) Not a pleasant thought...damn where is the new Anthrax disc when we really need it?

I wouldn't say it was a "fuck off" to Alex and Eddie, more a "Fuck you" to them. Seeing as Eddie can't make up his mind whether he wants anyone to sing for him, or stop smoking and get better.

Fair Warning is a damn good warning, reading DLR's Autobiography, he says that's the time where he says things were getting down and depressing. BUt it was a good album nontheless!