O/T Evil Dead

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Any fans? I'm sorry about this post but I have had a few beers and I am getting excited about this sunday. Bruce Campbell is going to be in a play of Shane. Its in Xenia ohio. Its is where they have the Blue Jacket thing. My wife and I are going and I can't wait. i got a backstage tour also. I am hoping to meet Bruce Campbell. Its really a good deal like 30 bucks for the play and tour.
Hail to the King Baby.

Are you kidding me? I love the Evil Dead movies, part 1-, part 2, Armies of Darkness! Bruce Campbell is a cool guy, my supervisor at work meet him at a book signing! I think his book is called "If chins could kill" or something like that. I hope you get a chance to meet him, he seems to like meeting fans.

Cheerz!

AugDawg

The Evil Dead Trilogy rules! Not as good as the original Star Wars trilogy, but what movie trilogy is? :p But out of the three, Evil Dead 2 is the best.

Hey Cincy, there used to be a nice little micro-brewery in lil' ol' Xenia, however, the tornado that ravaged that town a coupla years ago may have destroyed it, I'm not sure. Xenia is right on my way to Dayton, and Ty Tatman going across Route 35 to Dayton can only mean one of two things: Pantera at Hara Arena, or KISS at the Nutter Ctr!!! If you do happen to hang out in Dayton at all, let me recommend the bar/restaurant "Cold Beer and Cheeseburgers" THe coolest name ever!! And good burgers, good jukebox, and a good beer selection!

Dude I have ate at cold beer and cheeseburgers before! We went to see the Who up there 8 or so years ago and stopped in there. It was when they were doing quadrophenia with the guests like Billy Idol and Gary Glitter. It was a good restaurant, drank lots of beer. I got my wife a sweat shirt from the place and she wore it so much I teased her about it and now she won't wear it anymore.

Hell yeah! A great place to hang out at before Nutter Center shows! I love the Nutter Center too, they can get full blown AC/DC or KISS productions in there, but the place only holds 12,000 so there really isn't a bad seat. No "Nosebleed" section anyway. Man alive, I might have to go over and hang out at Cold Beer and Cheesburgers this week just for the hell of it - I used to go alot as I had friends at Wright State, but now my gaggle is in their mid to late 20's and have moved on to other things!

I want to pick up the Evil Dead (episode I) DVD. Which version should I get? The new one made of skin?

I want this movie because, although I've seen it only once before, I've seen Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN 4 fucking times now!! He rules (Raimi... okay...and Spider-Man)!!

Of course, if Scott Ian said to buy Evil Dead, I'd have done it already.

Thraxdude, Yeah the one with the "skin" cover is the one to get. It has all the bells and whistles on it. As far as Evis Dead 2 get the Anchor Bay edition. It has the best sound and picture transfer. And I got the limited edition Army of Darkness with two dvds also by anchor bay. It sold out as far as I know and on Evil Bay they go for 50 to 80 bucks last time I checked. For more Rami coolness check out Darkman, a cool underrated flick. He also directer a Simple Plan which was good. The movie The Gift was real kick ass too, it got ignored at the box office though.

Luckly I got to meet Bruce Campbell yesterday, It was so cool, he was nice enough to meet and sign autographs with ppl after the play. There were a ton of folks who wanted to meet him. My wife and I were 6th in line! I got his new book signed and the playbill. He was real nice shook our hands and asked our names and made small talk, But it just seemed he took a bit of time to make each preson feel special. It was not just head down assembly line in and out.

Thanks man, but I might just get the newest special edition. It's like $20 cheaper!
That's fucking sweet that you met Bruce Campbell!
Hail to the King, baby!

P.S. In his book, does he mention how Duke Nukem stole all his lines?

Damn if i almost didn't miss this thread. The E.D. trilogy rules!
Bruce Campbell is one of thr most charasmatic actors around..
he even did a great job in SPIDER-MAN as the ring announcer.
I even tracked down an epesode of the show REBOOT that has a storyline involving ASH! it was hilarious..little cgi ASH running around in a cartoon, priceless. Fangoria has even printed an article that a new E.D. film may be in the works soon. That'll be one gem of a film if it finally gets made. Now, lets go down in that cellar and carve ourselves a witch!:devil:

Originally posted by GregadetH
Bruce Campbell is one of thr most charasmatic actors around..
he even did a great job in SPIDER-MAN as the ring announcer.

Bruce Campbell is also in the Spider-Man video game. He instructs you in the tutorial levels.:)