O/T: Favorite Tom Araya quotes

jdelpi

Imported Killer
Since this was mentioned in another thread by Mr. Wu...

"This next song is a love song. About older women. The kind you find six feet under." - Tom, introducing "Necrophiliac"

"Some say the pen is mighter than the sword. Well I say fuck the pen, 'coz you can DIE BY THE SWORD."

"Thank you, fucking New York! Goodnight, assholes!" - NYC Aug. 31, 1988 after the crowd tore apart the seat cushions and threw them all over the place. There's a bootleg video of this show in circulation.

Onslaught said:
This among others, was here.. "Hola Santiago, amigos chilenos!! están listos... están listooos?????!!!! yeah! this is.. waaaar ensembleeee!!!" you know, Araya is chilean.
How about going off-topic on an off-topic thread...

I'm leaving on vacation for Chile next week. We'll be there for a month, pretty much going from one tip to the other. Happen to know of any good gigs coming up there between January 21 and Feb. 18?

it will probley someday be " oh shit, there really is a hell ?"

i still like the "fucking aahhhhhh!!!!" in chemical warefare. laugh everytime i hear it.

This is a song about a guy called Ehhhdddddd...............At the pace he speaks i say shut the fuck up and squeeze a few more tunes in.

what was it on decades?

I think;

"This song goes out to the soldiers in the gulf. it's called MANDATORY - - - - SUICIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!"

something like that........wow....I need to find that cd and listen again, it's been a very long time. Jeff's not loud enough on it though.

Also, any intro he has ever done to Chemical Warfare. Particularly on the 86 Reign in Blood tour bootleg. I don't know if you have all seen it, it's a pretty easy one to find. Good shit. Wish I had been there.

It isn't really a quote but every time I have seen them Tom after their first song usually says in a really soft spoken and polite manner "HI, we're Slayer."

Really???? Fuck!!! I thought I was at a Julio concert.:lol:

jpike said:
He says "fuck it up" not "fucking aahhhhhh!!!" dumb ass.:lol:
Why is it that you're always calling people "dumb ass" and "stupid"? Is it really necessary? Every time someone makes a mistake, or just plain has a different opinion they are stupid?
Did your mommy not love you? Or is there some other reason why you're so insecure with yourself that you have to constantly call people 'stupid' or 'dumbass' or whatever?

ThraxDude said:
Why is it that you're always calling people "dumb ass" and "stupid"? Is it really necessary? Every time someone makes a mistake, or just plain has a different opinion they are stupid?
Did your mommy not love you? Or is there some other reason why you're so insecure with yourself that you have to constantly call people 'stupid' or 'dumbass' or whatever?
gee i dont know dad im sorry:cry:

its ok if other people say it but i always get bashed for it for some reason.
i think i have the right to say whatever i want and who are you to give me a lecture?

do songs count? Best Slayer quote in my opinion...
"I'll kill you and your dreams tonight, begin new life. Bleed your death upon me let your bloodline feed my youth." The little echo he has after "kill you" is fucking awesome.

jpike said:
gee i dont know dad im sorry:cry:

its ok if other people say it but i always get bashed for it for some reason.
i think i have the right to say whatever i want and who are you to give me a lecture?

If people want to engage in stupid, petty online fights with each other and call each other names, then yeah, go for it. Thra:rofl:ude was simply pointing out that calling someone a "dumb ass" because he was mistaken about some shouted words in a song was uncalled for. And yeah, you can say whatever you want, and Thra:rofl:ude can also say whatever he wants about what you want to say. Who is he to lecture you? He's a decent human being. That's who.