O/T - Happy Thanksgiving

IAN442

Dec 6, 2005
I just wanted to wish everyone out there a Happy Thanksgiving.

I know most of ya don't celebrate it but in all honesty it was actually the longest distance beer run ever attempted :).

The pilgrims were sailing to the new world, but were running short on mead. So instead of heading to Jamestown VA, they wound up much further north at what is Plymouth Massachusetts.

They drank the mead because it was much safer to drink on the ship than water. Water on a ship back then as we know was rather unsanitary to say the least.

The pilgrims actually rushed to Plymouth to set up a brewery to continue making the mead to keep drinking.

:D

so Happy Thanksgiving to the greatest Beer Run in the world :Smokedev:

I just wanted to wish everyone out there a Happy Thanksgiving.

I know most of ya don't celebrate it but in all honesty it was actually the longest distance beer run ever attempted :).

The pilgrims were sailing to the new world, but were running short on mead. So instead of heading to Jamestown VA, they wound up much further north at what is Plymouth Massachusetts.

They drank the mead because it was much safer to drink on the ship than water. Water on a ship back then as we know was rather unsanitary to say the least.

The pilgrims actually rushed to Plymouth to set up a brewery to continue making the mead to keep drinking.

:D

so Happy Thanksgiving to the greatest Beer Run in the world :Smokedev:

I'd like to see that as the new Harold & Kumar film!