O/T: Iron Maiden does it again! (Death on the Road)

jdelpi

Imported Killer
I got Iron Maiden's new live album, Death on the Road. It kicks ass, as expected. I can't wait for the DVD next month.

I know some people will get up on their ass about them releasing another live album, but my philosophy is, if you don't like it, don't buy. I didn't buy Edward the Great or The Essential Iron Maiden, but I will buy live releases because I love live recordings.

I especially don't see why people could complain when so many Iron Maiden bootlegs are available. I have several soundboard or FM audio recordings and pro-shot videos. It would be hypocritical to collect these and not buy the official live recordings. The Early Years was fucking awesome and I can't wait for the next volume. Hopefully that either includes Live After Death and Maiden England or else they re-release those on their own. (And yes, I do have DVD+R copies of them.) I also wouldn't be opposed to an official DVD from the Early Years tour, as that setlist was unbeatable. (And yes, I do have the pro-shot bootlegs from that tour as well.)

My only "complaint" would be the setlist on DOTR resembles the Rock in Rio setlist a little too much. 8 of the 16 songs were on RiR. Hopefully next tour they can spice up the setlist a little bit. Play "Still Life" damnit!!!

NP: Iron Maiden - Death on the Road

Yeah, I started a thread on this a while ago. I've listened to it once, it sounds fantastic. Great performance, too. I may or may not get it, as Live After Death is good enough for me, but they really sound fucking good here.

Speaking of Live After Death, why hasn't that been released on DVD?

The DVDs released on 24th Oct over here...preordered already....I saw the tour at Earls Court in London....fan fuckin tastic stuff

PoolePaul said:
The DVDs released on 24th Oct over here...preordered already....I saw the tour at Earls Court in London....fan fuckin tastic stuff

My friends went to the earls court date and said it was fantastic, i was gutted i decieded not to go....

I'm not getting the album, but I will pick up the DVD.

The next in the history series will cover Powerslave, Live After Death and Somewhere in Time. You just know that on the tour they'll copout and play songs from the first four albums featured on Live After Death, because it somehow fits into the "guidelines" of the tour...although songs only from Powerslave and Somewhere in Time would be interesting but a bit constrictive. If they had added in 7th Son, then we'd be all fuckin' set.

All I wanna hear is Flash of the Blade live. Most underated Maiden tune IMO...

Myke Havoc said:
All I wanna hear is Flash of the Blade live. Most underated Maiden tune IMO...
That would kick some ass. I was very disappointed they didn't play Sun and Steel this time around, which they've never played live. I'm also hoping for Sea of Madness or Deja Vu; Alexander the Great would be fucking cool but that's wishful thinking.

jdelpi said:
I got Iron Maiden's new live album, Death on the Road. It kicks ass, as expected. I can't wait for the DVD next month.

I know some people will get up on their ass about them releasing another live album, but my philosophy is, if you don't like it, don't buy. I didn't buy Edward the Great or The Essential Iron Maiden, but I will buy live releases because I love live recordings.

I especially don't see why people could complain when so many Iron Maiden bootlegs are available. I have several soundboard or FM audio recordings and pro-shot videos. It would be hypocritical to collect these and not buy the official live recordings. The Early Years was fucking awesome and I can't wait for the next volume. Hopefully that either includes Live After Death and Maiden England or else they re-release those on their own. (And yes, I do have DVD+R copies of them.) I also wouldn't be opposed to an official DVD from the Early Years tour, as that setlist was unbeatable. (And yes, I do have the pro-shot bootlegs from that tour as well.)

My only "complaint" would be the setlist on DOTR resembles the Rock in Rio setlist a little too much. 8 of the 16 songs were on RiR. Hopefully next tour they can spice up the setlist a little bit. Play "Still Life" damnit!!!

NP: Iron Maiden - Death on the Road
I totally agree with all of that. I also love live recordings whether bootleg or official release. I have 2 live DVD+r of the Early Years tour and they are both excellent.

I was lucky enough to see Maiden & Anthrax together...and it was one of the most kick ass shows that I've seen. Iron Maiden is in a small catagory of bands that ACTUALLY sound killer live in my opinion.. Hell..at this point I'm just glad they are still putting out some shit.

Alexander the Great would be fucking cool but that's wishful thinking.
so many people on the fan boards and website are wanting this one , maybe it will happen. i have bruce singing the chourus acopella from the last tour. that's as close as i get :loco: