O/T Just saw The HULK....

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Just got back from seeing the HULK. All in all - a good one. The effects weren't the best, but not as bad as the commercials. They do deliver on all the classic HULK action. I liked how they tied "David Banner" (the tv created name of bixbys character) in with "Bruce Banner"...every story gets tweaked and retold for the movies and I think they did it justice.
I'm not posting it as a must see, but it is enjoyable AFTER the action picks up. Quite a slow moving film at firs. The use of comic book paneling on the screen was the saviour of the whole movie. Very neat trick.....

And by the way - the PUNISHER preview RULED ASS! They did it old skool Bat-Man style. Show a few images, flash the skull and show a little face....w/ black hair. Not the blonde hair from that production photo. And the slogan is "Summer 2004 - Punishment is due." or somethin' like that....Sweet.

I'm out like Jigsaws good looks
-GregadetH

Yeah, it was okay. It wasn't great. Greg's right, it was slow moving....making you anticipated for the action. Sure Hulk looks, as Scott said, like Shrek, and the plot was not too exciting, but it was good entertainment.
Of course you'll see Stan Lee's cameo.......but guess who Stan's with????
I'm not saying who, but I thought it was great.

I'd give HULK an 8 out of 10. If Jennifer Connelly got naked, it would have gotten a 9 out of 10.
She is sooooo fucking hot. Not nearly as hot as Metal Maiden, but HOT!

And, if it had naked Jennifer Connelly, and if they played "King Size" or "Superhero" during the end credits instead of Guns 'N Wieland, I would have given it a 10.

Reactions: Metal Maiden
It would be cool if they used Biohazards "Punishment" on the Punisher soundtrack, hell the song could have been written for this movie, however im sure we will get an exciting track by Stained or Limp Dickshit instead.....{sarcasm mode off}

I thought the movie was cool.

The Incredible Hulk has always been a part of my childhood along with other great DC/Marvel heros, and this was great to see.

I think Marvel right now are at the top of their game right now...with Spiderman, Daredevil, X-Men and it's AWESOME sequel, X-2.
It seems as if DC are only going to recycle the old Superman/Batman movies into new ones. I'm still going to go see it, but it seems like those are the only two characters they are willing to put onto film.

Jockthrax said:
"It would be cool if they used Biohazards "Punishment" on the Punisher soundtrack,"

As long as it's a good movie. I remember being thankful they didn't use I am the Law for that dreadful Judge "dread" movie. From the casting to the stroyline--just awful. Good way to ruin a goood comic book.
:puke:

Speakin' of my man DREDD, I picked up all 4 issues of the new JUDGE DREDD VS ALIENS one shot. Damn good story. They're all still cover price too. If you find 'em, grab em up for drokk sake!

The first issue had a poster of DREDD and an alien choking each other w/ the line "In Mega-City 1, Everyone Can Hear You Scream!"

Many a Judge meets their maker in the first issue alone...

Can't wait for the new movies....made by 200ad, so they won't suck. Supposed to be DREDD vs DEATH in all 3 of 'em.....

...and 'Punishment' by BIOHAZARD or ' .....The Punishment' Due by MegadetH would both be great for the PunisheR movie, considering he inspired both songs...

AlexStomp said:
Didn't Jeniffer Connelly get naked in Requiem for a Dream??

Naked is an understatement....she did a little thing I like to call " the lesbian double ended dildo butt bump" So yeah, you could say she was naked... :Spin:

Arg_Hamster said:
Punisher, Punisher... kill, kill, kill! Hope they tweak a lot of Ennis stories into the movie.

The filmakers should listen to him, as the Ennis/Dillon maxi-series was a good time. Actually, Megadeth wrote Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good! about the Punisher.

GREAT MOVIE. I just now saw it, I've never not seen a Marvel film on opening night, but hey, I was on vacation. Who the hell is gonna go to the movie theatre when they are at the beach!? OK, if it were Ep. III I would. Anyway; yeah, the CGI Hulk was far from the greatness of Yoda and Gollum - he looked like Shrek. What was Ang Lee to do though???? You couldn't have Lou Ferigno flying into space. (Although Lou's cameo was hilarious :) ) The story line was solid, and kept the tradition of the comic going. Eric Bana was on top of his game! Superb job of acting. Jennifer Connely was great too, not to mention hot, hot, hot. Question: who the hell was Bruce Banners mom? She was hotter than Betty Ross, and Betty was a 10 on a 10 scale, so that means mom was like an 11. Anyway, Sam Elliot and Nick Nolte were on it too. This movie is getting a lot of criticism that it doesn't deserve. It's not as good as X2, but although both are comic movies, Hulk is at its heart a drama, and a real good one.

TD said:
GREAT MOVIE. I just now saw it, I've never not seen a Marvel film on opening night, but hey, I was on vacation. Who the hell is gonna go to the movie theatre when they are at the beach!? OK, if it were Ep. III I would. Anyway; yeah, the CGI Hulk was far from the greatness of Yoda and Gollum - he looked like Shrek. What was Ang Lee to do though???? You couldn't have Lou Ferigno flying into space. (Although Lou's cameo was hilarious :) ) The story line was solid, and kept the tradition of the comic going. Eric Bana was on top of his game! Superb job of acting. Jennifer Connely was great too, not to mention hot, hot, hot. Question: who the hell was Bruce Banners mom? She was hotter than Betty Ross, and Betty was a 10 on a 10 scale, so that means mom was like an 11. Anyway, Sam Elliot and Nick Nolte were on it too. This movie is getting a lot of criticism that it doesn't deserve. It's not as good as X2, but although both are comic movies, Hulk is at its heart a drama, and a real good one.

eric bana has come a long way,he used to always pop up in aussie comedy shows and shitty soaps,the movie chopper is what gave him his break u have to see that movie td!!!