o/t just saw the new wonka film

PoolePaul

Apr 18, 2005
In a bar
took my kid to see willy wonka and the chocolate factory...it was that or madagascar....will take him to see that tomorrow (btw...having kids is a wicked excuse to go and see kids films that you actually wanna see...lol)...i actually thought it was pretty good....not as good as the original......but was pretty funny....burton/depp was a pretty good mix...will defo get this on dvd when it comes out....the umpa lumpas....funny as hell....discuss

Kids are definitely a good reason to watch kid movies. I couldn't agree with you more. I think its a problem, though, when you catch yourself at lunch discussing Drake & Josh with your co-workers and you have no idea what is going on when they are talking about CSI. I have no desire to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. The umpa lumpas have creeped me out since I first saw Willy Wonka (like the Sleestacks did for those who ever saw Land of the Lost) but Madagascar looks good.

The Ommpas are just one guy, so they all look exactly the same, less creepy, Johnny Dep is the Creepy one in this film, one kid in the theatre shouted that he looked like Michael Jackson, and it was true!

didn't like it. i know i'm in a small group but i didn't care for the movie. i guess i'd seen the old one way to many times to get into a new version. gene wilder will be forever etched into my brain as willie wonka.
"you get nothing, you loose, good day sir !"

karrokid said:
didn't like it. i know i'm in a small group but i didn't care for the movie. i guess i'd seen the old one way to many times to get into a new version. gene wilder will be forever etched into my brain as willie wonka.
"you get nothing, you loose, good day sir !"

Thats what I thought before seeing the new one....Ive always been a huge fan of the older version after seeing it too many times to remember....it is actually ok....Johnny Deep is quite funny (esp whenever Mike TV says anything to him..lol)

i dont have kids yet but im planning on asking my girlfriend to marry me, shes great. hopefully we can mate. all i know is that having a dog is a great excuse of getting out of things u dont want to do.

example: "hey, Austin wanna watch the game tonight" "oh shit dude i wish i could but i have to take my dog to the vet, and then my little cousins want to see the dog so i have to go to my aunts house"

See.

Anyway if your wondering we've been going out for 2 years now and i have never been happier.

Cheers,
Austin