O/t Sumkinda Monster

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Anybody see this yet? This is a helluva film. Especially when they talk to Mustaine and Newsted. Mustaine's got sum issues and who tha hell can blame him? Newsted goes on and on about how leaving was the best thing for him to do. Interesting stuff. Lars of course comes across like a major dick. Kirk is the stand alone sane one of the bunch and the films comical relief. Just watch his reactions to all of the arguments. Hes just funny as all hell. It does help u understand where they were coming from with this new album. I may not think it's the best thing I've heard recently, but it makes more sense to me now...

BTW Kirk went apeshit when they told him they were going to put no solos on the record. He said if u "follow this trend and be all trendy - then they will wind up dating the album to this particular point in trends w/ metal" he used "trend" a lot. I think he saw the backlash coming.

I'm done like Lars' marriage,
Greg

it's cool to know that kirk wanted to make a more classic metal album. did they say why they decided to make it that way?

do you know if they will release the full 3 hours with Dave Mustaine?

How long does this film run?

When i first heard about it, i thought, jesus aged christ No! But im now really curious to see what its all about. I especially want to see the Mustaine and Newstead scenes.

I thought it was great,I love metallica but I have to admit st anger sucks,and they know it,(lol)Metallica still rules live,I know its cool to bash them but they put out some of the best metal ever and changed the face of music.They were leaders.Very few bands have had the impact that metallica had in the 80s and early 90s.

I feel sorry for dave he comes across to be so sad,Yeah he was kicked out of metallica but megadeth is not that bad of band.I never knew he was so insecure about kirk.

sad thing is anthrax has put out some of the best metal albums out of any band since bush joined and no one cares.Honestly I dont care how much albums they sell but I want them to be able to afford to make more.It also sucks that so many people only realy remember them for shit like Iam the man or bring the noise.

Provided they are aware how much St.Anger sucks balls, I hope they´ll try harder nex time in studio.