O/T - ATTN: LORD_GALVATRON

Status
Not open for further replies.

reidie

Apr 2, 2005
Australia
I was going to post this in the Metallica vs Megadeth thread but unfortunately it has been locked. :erk:

Regarding our discussion in the above thread on the authorship of Leper Messiah, i would like to direct your attention to the latest edition of Guitar World - January 2006 - 20 yr Master of Puppets Tribute. Pg 59. and i quote....

Kirk Hammett on Dave Mustaine's Claimes of co authorship of Lepper Messiah:

"There's maybe a chord progression that was in that song - Like maybe 10 seconds that came from him - that ironically, is just before the guitar solo"

Wow, so Dave mustaine did contribute to Lepper Messiah... who would have thought? :wave:

Thank you :lol:

N.P: Lepper Messiah

P.S: The issue of guitar world also has a cool full page spitz PRS ad. :headbang:

reidie said:
I was going to post this in the Metallica vs Megadeth thread but unfortunately it has been locked. :erk:

Regarding our discussion in the above thread on the authorship of Leper Messiah, i would like to direct your attention to the latest edition of Guitar World - January 2006 - 20 yr Master of Puppets Tribute. Pg 59. and i quote....

Kirk Hammett on Dave Mustaine's Claimes of co authorship of Lepper Messiah:

"There's maybe a chord progression that was in that song - Like maybe 10 seconds that came from him - that ironically, is just before the guitar solo"

Wow, so Dave mustaine did contribute to Lepper Messiah... who would have thought :wave:

Thank you :lol:
A chord progression isn't grounds for songwriting. Afterall, every chord progression out there has been used by everyone at somepoint, does that mean everyone co-wrote everyone else's songs? Thanks for playing.

From previous thread........

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Nothing of dave's is on MOP, despite what some people claim.

Just letting you know that there is something of Dave's on MOP :wave:

reidie said:
From previous thread........

Just letting you know that there is something of Dave's on MOP :wave:
Again, a 10 sec. chord progression can't be claimed as the work of one individual when hundreds, if not thousands, also used same chord progressions. Thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.