O/T Megadeth: Fatal Illusion

johnnieCzech

Your favourite Czech
Feb 5, 2002
Prague
http://system.megadeth.com/

What do you think?

I don't know. Sounds like very typical Megadeth song, and I swear I've heard the same vocal lines in some of their older songs, can't recall which one it was. Sounds like Mustaine is ripping himself off in this one. Not bad but nothing too exciting.

Album cover is badass and the track is pretty good, not bad. To me it sounds like everything they've been doing since Endgame. Hope this is better than Super Collider.

Someone online described the track as being 3 different old school Megadeth songs glued by a bunch of unmemorable solos and crappy Mustaine vocals.

Summed it up pretty well for me.

Edit: on another site, I just read someone post that "Mustaine doesn't sing anymore.... He just talks his lines in a snarly kind of voice...... He sounds like an angry old man just having a rant on a bus!!!!"

It did make me laugh!!!

Edit: on another site, I just read someone post that "Mustaine doesn't sing anymore.... He just talks his lines in a snarly kind of voice...... He sounds like an angry old man just having a rant on a bus!!!!"

It did make me laugh!!!

Yes but he's been like this always, since the beginning.

The drumming isn't particularly mindblowing on this new Megadeth, but at least it's more interesting than the last few things I've heard from them.

I've never been into Megadeth that much but I actually really like this song. To me the drumming is amazing, the kick drum parts are insanely complicated.