O/T Megadeth

I agree Mustaine is a better guitarist than Kirk, but the best in the world? I wouldn't say so.
Then again, I don't know who IS the best metal guitarist just now. I don't listen to much standard metal nowadays, so my favourites of recent times would be guys like Ralph Santolla in Deicide or the Nile guys.

It would be impossible to label one as best with all the different styles. Just because one can noodle around like a mother fucker doesn't mean they're amazing soloists. I do however think that mustains solos are usually perfect for the song since he makes them compliment the melody as opposed to just having a solo for the fuck of it. He manages to compliment the song AND play a badass solo at the same time.

It would be impossible to label one as best with all the different styles. Just because one can noodle around like a mother fucker doesn't mean they're amazing soloists. I do however think that mustains solos are usually perfect for the song since he makes them compliment the melody as opposed to just having a solo for the fuck of it. He manages to compliment the song AND play a badass solo at the same time.

I do think when Marty was in the band it was way better though - him and Dave had such different, yet great, styles which worked so well together. Like Adrian and Dave in Maiden.

Yep, the third guitarist in G3 is different every tour. I have the live album from the one they did with Eric Johnson, and it's nothing short of amazing!

What I meant about the Mustaine-comment is that when you consider playing rhythm, lead and writing songs, there's no one better than him right now.

Well yeah, you have a point. Karl Sanders would still be my pick for all those things over recent times, and Jeff Waters comes close although not quite as good as Dave on the songwriting front.

Yep, the third guitarist in G3 is different every tour. I have the live album from the one they did with Eric Johnson, and it's nothing short of amazing!

What I meant about the Mustaine-comment is that when you consider playing rhythm, lead and writing songs, there's no one better than him right now.

Exactly, Mustaine does it all. He's probably not the most natural of singers but he had the balls to do it and make it work.

So who was the third guy?

Haha I forgot that bit of info didn't I! Dream Theatre's John Petrucci. Was good, heaviest of the night.

Vai was the rock star of the night - wind machine blowing his hair and all but an amazing performance. Real showman. Amazing solos.

Satriani is just too cool for school. I love Joe - I love the fact he is just having a nice little jam session with each show. Effortless.

Haha I forgot that bit of info didn't I! Dream Theatre's John Petrucci. Was good, heaviest of the night.

Vai was the rock star of the night - wind machine blowing his hair and all but an amazing performance. Real showman. Amazing solos.

Satriani is just too cool for school. I love Joe - I love the fact he is just having a nice little jam session with each show. Effortless.

saw satch couple years back,amazing watching and hearing what comes out of the guitar

bob dylan is a perfect example,he cant sing a note to save his life but he made it work just thru his well written songs

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I think Bob Dylan sucks, I can't stand his songs, mostly because of that stupid voice of his.
Johnny Cash ditto. I really don't understand why people think they're legendary.

Well, that's a matter of opinion. I think Bob Dylan sucks, I can't stand his songs, mostly because of that stupid voice of his.
Johnny Cash ditto. I really don't understand why people think they're legendary.

either do i and thats my point,we dont like it but millions do,they must have done something right

I think Mustaine's vocals divide fans into two groups:

1) The fanboys and girls who love them even when he sounds horrible

2) The rest who tolerate them even when he sounds horrible.

Mustaine can sound great at times, for example the albums Youthanasia and especially Cryptic Writings.

saw satch couple years back,amazing watching and hearing what comes out of the guitar

Yep and he makes it look like he is just brushing his teeth its that easy for him. Such a humble guy too.

Best guitarist I've ever seen live.