megadeth or metallica...???

gaschamber said:
kinda off the subject, but sknight made me think of how pantera ripped off exhorder, and didnt do as good of a job.

they did a better job in the fact of better production and made more albums..I prefer Exhorder though.

And metallica/megadeth..I prety much hate both bands ;)

Alteredmindeath said:
I like the 80's Metallica but I think Dave has put out more decent albums with Megadeth, not including Risk or Cryptic Writings. It also took me some getting used to Daves vocals at first, Hetfeild used to have a cool metal voice now who know what the new Metallica is going to be like, it has been pushed back to a 2007 summer/fall release date.

Hopefully the fact that Rick Rubin is producing the new album will mean that they are truly returning to their roots as I have heard them say. I guess only time will tell, but they only stand to alienate more old school fans like myself if they release more cry baby St Anger crap. Of course, this new albumn has to be flawless in my opinion, to recover from that disaster.

This is a post I made from that same board (wackbag) about this very same thing:

To this day, I still don't understand why so many faggots out there are still holding out hope for Metallica to do something good. Even if they do, the last undeniably good thing Metallica did was now 20 years ago. Just based on principle of their lack of ethics, they should be fucking banned and traded to not put another fucking penny in their huge pockets.

Regardless, there are asswipes out there with zero perspective on what's important in metal; they hold on to the hope of seeing a band essentially from the past doing something good for a decade and a half, being slapped in the face and insulted album after album, instead of giving the resources and the credit to bands doing it right for the fans time and time again,with expensive packaging, great music, reinvention, and creativity.

But no. No attention to great bands making great music. You pussies will hold out hope until the end of time for Metallica to be relevant again after becoming Hollywood celebrities and caricatures. Note how in some kind of monster, everyone kissed their ass and lied to them about how amazing they were during production.

Hell, Metallica wasn't even original back then. They just got lucky and got pushed by Megaforce, re: Artillery.

Just heard the song.

Can't believe you people think it sounds good.

And you can't see this is part of their propaganda campaign? Aerosmith pulled this same shit before their last album leaking stuff and rumors about this going to be a harder one that harks back to their early days. Ha. That was funny. Metallica does the same shit all along the way, too. They prep people for something going back to MoP, then you get St Anger. Too bad these fucking faggots are being repaid with dividends by the record industry for their defense against downloading.

This is nothing new. It starts off with some heavy drums, then is the same shit they've been pawning off for years.

I'm not thinking anything at this moment, I'm just judging from ONE fucking song, which I happen to like actually. After the load of crap called Shit Anger it just has to be better cos you can't get worse than that.

I don't want Metallica to put out an album harking back to their thrash days because they would just sound shite. People like Exodus can do it because they always have, you know what you are going to get, and love them for it. Metallica on the other hand, matured as the years went on, as, incredibly, so did I! (I even found a grey pube the other day, and not just between my teeth, he he) They were rolling along nicely, growing up, were a huge dinosaur (nowt wrong with that, Sabbath are a fucking dinosaur and I still love them), and then......St. Anus. WTF were they thinking of - listen to their back catalogue, it progresses naturally, you can hear it, then THAT LP, it sounds like a shit-shiver.
I hope they get over that schism, get back on track, stop trying to be cool and relevant, act their age, and just do a fucking grade A heavy rock LP.
And play plenty of old stuff, on a proper tour, not just over-priced shit festivals. Oh, and get rid of that gurning monkey and ask Jason Newstead nicely if he's had a nice holiday, and would he like to come back, pretty please.
I think I have more chance of plaitting snot, but I'm living in hope......

I remember when Jason just left, but then appeared on their MTV ass-licking show and told people that they should continue to support metallica. he was very flattering and classy, I thought. Then they admitted during their sessions that they fucked Jason over, and that led to his departure. THEN someone mentioned Jason and then they went ahead and talked shit about him. They supposedly learned from the mistakes they made with Jason to treat Robert better, but they shit talk him.

Real fucking classy.

GWOODS said:
Hopefully the fact that Rick Rubin is producing the new album will mean that they are truly returning to their roots as I have heard them say. I guess only time will tell, but they only stand to alienate more old school fans like myself if they release more cry baby St Anger crap. Of course, this new albumn has to be flawless in my opinion, to recover from that disaster.
Yeah, hopefully!!!

The recruitment of Rick Rubin as producer, the man who rejuvenated Johnny Cash, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Neil Diamond and others, is guaranteed to extend the [Dixie] Chicks' appeal, though it would be disappointing if the album's thoughtful range of subject matter (from IVF to Alzheimer's) was overshadowed by the Bush episode.

hehehe...yeah, Metalisuck can't touch RIP...or So Far So Good for that matter...

they'll end up fucking Rob over too...it's their new style. They've grown old and jaded...like gossiping old women...well, maybe just old women...fuckin' pussies would sell their mothers for a chance to lick MTV's rancid cock.