Megadeth or Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiplash402

Supreme Ruler
Sep 29, 2005
Illinois
this is tricky but i would say metallica's old stuff is better than megadeth as for new metallica megadeth takes the pie

Metallica. I love Peace Sells and Rust in Peace, to a lesser extent So Far So Good and Countdown, but that's it. I happen to like Metallica's 90s output, so there you go.

I'd have to say Metallica only for the fact that they have more original band members still. There is no Megadeth. Megadeth has always been the Dave and Dave show. Now it's just the Dave show.

Metallica, not just because of the music, but also because of the fact that Dave Mustaine is an incredibly whiny pussy who never lets go of the fact that he was kicked out of what became the biggest band of the past 20 years. Whenever he's interviewed he goes on some tyrade about Metallica. There's a simple solution to this, one simple phrase when he's asked about his former band: No comment.

So what are y'all's opinions on The System Has Failed? I haven't checked it out yet, as The World Needs a Hero was more dull than paint drying, but I've heard some samples and am curious. So???

Life?! Whaddya mean, life?! I ain't got a life!

It definitely had moments that captured the spirit of Megadeth of old, but also there were times where you wouldn't know it was Megadeth unless you were looking at the case or hearing Dave's awful voice.

Drokk said:
So what are y'all's opinions on The System Has Failed? I haven't checked it out yet, as The World Needs a Hero was more dull than paint drying, but I've heard some samples and am curious. So???

I happen to like TWNAH more than TSHF and I can make you check it out :)
Anyway, in the big picture I'd choose Metallica, knowing that Megadeth has always had better musicians.

Drokk said:

I like TSHF, there's a number of solid tracks, it ain't perfect but definately moving back on track, and the best Megadeth album in the past decade for sure. It's certainly worth a listen if you have't heard it.

johnnieCzech said:
I happen to like TWNAH more than TSHF and I can make you check it out :)
I'm revising my opinion of World Needs a Hero; it sounds better than I remember. Can I have a copy of that, too? :) For some reason, I'm getting back into Megadeth. I'm downloading the remastered Killing... which I've never heard. Dave may be a heavy metal Flanders and he Lucassed the shit out of his back catalog, but he still rocks.

Megadeth definetely.

Metallica ripped off Mustaine for the first 3 albums, then they ripped of fucking Wizard of Oz in the 4th album, and they got Bob Rock for the black album which took 3 years to get right. Then they released no more good albums except for garage inc., which was cover songs....go figure.

Mustaine has released all good albums, except Risk. I liked Cryptic Writings and The World needs a Hero and I think TSHF is their best album since Countdown. The day I see Metallica release an album as good as Megadeth is the day Chinese Democracy hits the record shelves.

ontherock82, wow, what a good explanation. You like Metallica better because Dave is whiny. Thats a good way to judge ones music! You probably like St. Anger better than The System Has Failed just because of that. :yuk:

And kiddies, for the record Rust in Peace by itself owns anything Metallica has ever released.

Status
Not open for further replies.