Megadeth or Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna be easy.
Spreadingthe Living312 said:
Megadeth definetely.

Metallica ripped off Mustaine for the first 3 albums,
No. They used metallica material for kill em all and ride the lightning. If dave had made himslef the sole cpyright holder, there would have been no way metallica could have used dave's material. Since he didn't, metallica had every legal right to use it. Dave screwed himself. Nothing of dave's is on MOP, despite what some people claim. Besides, dave only contributed to 6 of 17 songs on metallica's first 2 albums.
then they ripped of fucking Wizard of Oz in the 4th album,
Let me get this right, you're saying one of the reasons megadeth is better is because metallica used a sample of a clip from a movie? Please explain how that warped logic works.
and they got Bob Rock for the black album which took 3 years to get right.
They started recording in october 1990 and released it in august 1991. That's only 10 months. I see that along side rational thinking, math is also not one of your strongpoints.
Then they released no more good albums except for garage inc., which was cover songs....go figure.
Opinion. I can just as easily say megadeth only released one good album after countdown.

Mustaine has released all good albums, except Risk. I liked Cryptic Writings and The World needs a Hero and I think TSHF is their best album since Countdown. The day I see Metallica release an album as good as Megadeth is the day Chinese Democracy hits the record shelves.
Opinion.

ontherock82, wow, what a good explanation. You like Metallica better because Dave is whiny. Thats a good way to judge ones music!
This coming from someone who just slammed a band for using a movie clip in a song.
You probably like St. Anger better than The System Has Failed just because of that.
So what if he does?

And kiddies, for the record Rust in Peace by itself owns anything Metallica has ever released.
MAster of puppets/ride the lightning/and justice for all>>>>>>>rip............

Galvatron has kicked some Autobot ass!

I've just listened to Killing is my Business remastered...pretty fucking cool record! I've never heard the original, so I can't compare the 2, but this sounds kick ass. Better than the 1994 remix/remasters. I wish I had had it back in 1985. Fuck, Mechanix smokes!

So what's the deal with all the beeping in These Boots? My guess is Mustaine using...*gasp* profanity. Is that it?

Edit: Yes, I'm going to buy Killing.

Spreadingthe Living312 said:
Megadeth definetely.
ontherock82, wow, what a good explanation. You like Metallica better because Dave is whiny. Thats a good way to judge ones music! You probably like St. Anger better than The System Has Failed just because of that. :yuk:
That was one of the reasons, if you reread the first part of my post, you smart ass little fuck, you'll see I mentioned the music. Were you always a waste of breath? Or did you accomplish it through hard work?

Metallica: "We are the greatest band on the planet man! We played with a symphony orchestra man! We are MTV icons man! We are Gods man! No one is better than us man!"

Drokk said:
So what's the deal with all the beeping in These Boots? My guess is Mustaine using...*gasp* profanity. Is that it?
I think it was something like the original songwriter wouldn't give permission to do the song with the lyrics altered the way dave did it, so the altered lyrics had to be bleeped out.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
I think it was something like the original songwriter wouldn't give permission to do the song with the lyrics altered the way dave did it, so the altered lyrics had to be bleeped out.
That sucks balls. With all the beeping, it's unlistenable, unfortunately. Is it true that the original release had the song intact? The original CD release, I mean.

Drokk said:
That sucks balls. With all the beeping, it's unlistenable, unfortunately. Is it true that the original release had the song intact? The original CD release, I mean.
The first CD pressings (Combat records 1990) had the song intact, but it´s almost impossible to get it because it´s out of print. The 1999 reissue by Century Media is without These boots.

They should just have completely ripped out the vocals from "These Boots" and included an instrumental version on the remixed edition of Megadeth's first album.

This is going to be easy :erk:

LORD_GALVATRON said:
No. They used metallica material for kill em all and ride the lightning. If dave had made himslef the sole cpyright holder, there would have been no way metallica could have used dave's material. Since he didn't, metallica had every legal right to use it. Dave screwed himself.
Copyright is intellectual property protection that comes into existence when the IP is published. There is no registration process for copyright. Lars and James just were bastards when they released Dave’s music after he said he didnt want them to. What they did wasn’t illegal just immoral.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Nothing of dave's is on MOP, despite what some people claim.

Can you say leper Messiah?

reidie said:
This is going to be easy :erk:

Copyright is intellectual property protection that comes into existence when the IP is published. There is no registration process for copyright.
Uhh, yes there is http://www.copyright.gov/
Lars and James just were bastards when they released Dave’s music after he said he didnt want them to. What they did wasn’t illegal just immoral.
Who are you to judge what is moral or not? They had every right to the material, as it is and was metallica material in the legal sense.

Can you say leper Messiah?
Can you read? Here it is again, Nothing of dave's is on MOP, despite what some people claim.

dave mustaine said in some kind of monster that some people may look at megadeth a sucess but to him its a failure...
(it was on the subject of how he got kicked out of metallica)

This is going to easy...again

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Thanks for the link :Smug: and i quote........

"In general, copyright registration is a legal formality intended to make a public record of the basic facts of a particular copyright. However, registration is not a condition of copyright protection"

Ah the benifits of taking a law unit at uni.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Can you read? Here it is again, Nothing of dave's is on MOP, despite what some people claim.

Ok i think i'll take Mustaines word over that of an knob on the internet with a transformer avatar :lol:

"Not only [the songs on] Kill ‘Em All, but 'Ride The Lightning' title track, 'Call Of Kthulu,' parts of 'Leper Messiah…' listen to parts of 'Leper Messiah' and then 'Ride The Lighting.' It’s that same spider chord. I invented that! How the hell can you not credit me for writing that?"

www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/09/2105.cfm

:wave:

reidie said:
This is going to easy...again

Thanks for the link :Smug: and i quote........

"In general, copyright registration is a legal formality intended to make a public record of the basic facts of a particular copyright. However, registration is not a condition of copyright protection"

Ah the benifits of taking a law unit at uni.
Perhaps you should read closer.
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap2.html

Ok i think i'll take Mustaines word over that of an knob on the internet with a transformer avatar :lol:
Hmm, the word of someone disgruntled with former band, and has absolutely NO proof of such claim....so much for your taking a law class.

"Not only [the songs on] Kill ‘Em All, but 'Ride The Lightning' title track, 'Call Of Kthulu,' parts of 'Leper Messiah…' listen to parts of 'Leper Messiah' and then 'Ride The Lighting.' It’s that same spider chord. I invented that! How the hell can you not credit me for writing that?"

www.chartattack.com/damn/2004/09/2105.cfm

:wave:
Now, why would they credit him for his work on kea and rtl, but not MOP? Thanks for playing.

LORD_GALVATRON said:

Your point??? From my first post i said what they did wasnt illigal but immoral. I think your trying to say that they shared copyright. Which they did. Just letting you know that you dont have to register copyright, it is automatic :D

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Hmm, the word of someone disgruntled with former band, and has absolutely NO proof of such claim....so much for your taking a law class.

Now, why would they credit him for his work on kea and rtl, but not MOP? .

Why?? Because its a laugh that they still had to recycle mustaines riffs on their 3rd album

LORD_GALVATRON said:
Thanks for playing
:err: :lol:

reidie said:
Your point??? From my first post i said what they did wasnt illigal but immoral. I think your trying to say that they shared copyright. Which they did. Just letting you know that you dont have to register copyright, it is automatic
That WAS my point, that the copyright was shared instead of dave registering it as his own to begin with.

Why?? Because its a laugh that they still had to recycle mustaines riffs on their 3rd album
Proof?

Exactly

Thanks for playing

Status
Not open for further replies.