megadeth or metallica...???

gaschamber said:
im megadeth all the way, i like old metallica, but RUST IN PEACE...come on, fagettaboutit its done, megadeth wins.

better vocals
better songwriting
more talent
better lyrics
better solos
better DRUMMING
better albums
PERIOD.

Rust In Peace is one of the best metal albums ever...it's in my top 5 for sure. Metallica doesn't come close in songwriting and musicianship.:headbang:

Oblivious Maximus said:
I love Metallica, but it's gotta be Megadeth. Awesome musicanship, well written, intelligent lyrics. Rust In Piece, Peace Sells, Killing Is My Business, ect... classic fucking albums. Megadeth rocks.

Ride the Lightning is my fav Metallica, but I can't stand Hamett's lead work...he sounds like a beginner, especially compared to Friedman.

RIP shreds...it's their crowning glory!

You cant compare freedman to hammett its just not fair on kirk!

Megadeth all they way. Metallica put out some great albums- everything up to and including the black album is first class, but megadeth is just that notch above.

Megadeth for the guitars and drums (excluding of course that douchebag on so far so good..)
Metallica for the vocals (everything pre-"james taking the country plunge")
Both for quality metal at different points of their careers

MEGA-FUCKIN-DETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metallica doesn't even compare...I mean really...look at a song that they both did: Mechanix & The Four Horsemen....

Mechanix is like a shredding monster coming out of the gate...ripping, tearing and destroying everything it touches...what it was meant to be.

The Four Horsemen is like the country version of that same song...hehehe...it's like Salieri attempting to play Mozart...if you've ever seen Amadeus, you'll know what I mean...

Dr Demented said:
Mechanix is like a shredding monster coming out of the gate...ripping, tearing and destroying everything it touches...what it was meant to be.

The Four Horsemen is like the country version of that same song...hehehe...it's like Salieri attempting to play Mozart...if you've ever seen Amadeus, you'll know what I mean...

FINALLY, a nigga that sees it the same way as me...mechanix fuckin kills.

MEgadeth before they went MTV. Metallica just got pushed by Megaforce, which is why they got big, then backed the record industry against downloading, which is why they're pushed now.

Exodus' Bonded by Blood is a fucking classic and better than Metallica of the Era. Then Metallica needed Artillery to teach them how to change their style (copied). Forbidden's Twisted Into Form rips the Metallica of that era apart. no contest.

Dave Mustaine was a better guitarist than Kirk and James combined. lars is overrated.

I pick Immortal
Immortal.gif

Megadeth has better musicianship, and better overall musical direction, and yes RIP is one of if not the best overall metal album

Metallica HAD better overall sound(especially RTL, and Master), and better lyrics(up to the black album)

Once upon a time Metallica could do no wrong in my book, then they disappeared up Lars' arsehole, yes, I'm still not over it!
Megadeth had their moments, and plenty of them, right up until Rust in Poo, when for me they turned into "rock stars". They had been the underdogs up till then, fighting the "he used to be in Metallica" tag, and they were doing well, then it became too clinical and polished, with some rent-a-shredder guitarist. It was then plainly obvious it wasn't a band, it was The Dave Mustaine Show, which is even more pretentious and egotistical than that Danish twat. And he's ginger.
Wouldn't waste a penny on either of them now.

I like the 80's Metallica but I think Dave has put out more decent albums with Megadeth, not including Risk or Cryptic Writings. It also took me some getting used to Daves vocals at first, Hetfeild used to have a cool metal voice now who know what the new Metallica is going to be like, it has been pushed back to a 2007 summer/fall release date.

When it comes to live performances, always Metallica.
But if you ask me which cd I'd rather put on, it's Megadeth.

In addition to saying what needs to be said, which is Metallica fans waiting for them to release another album, holding on to the glimmer of hope that they'll truly go back to their roots, I posted this on another board:

The fact is Metallica Inc. is actually one of the biggest acts in the world and has carried having the biggest tour of the year or been in the top for years now.

BTW-they aren't a metal act; they are a hard rock act relying on the reputation of their past for street cred. Kind of like Eric Clapton using Derek and the Dominoes to promote his adult contemporary career he's been running since the 70's.

Here is a sad, cruel fact: If Metallica was all about the metal, they have lots of sway in the industry. They can put put horseshit and the record industry would back it, no matter what. So why don't they put out a back to their roots thrash metal album and bring it back into prominance? Something like an authentic Bay area classic thrash album that will push other related bands again? You know, melodic, speed, and crushing solos? They can do a mini tour with some old favorites, such as Testament, Flotsam and Jetsam, Exodus, among others. The tour is not even necessary, but if they were true \m/ they would have put out a true thrash album, because they have the power to, but they are fucking sold out as of a long time ago and fucking faggots are still waiting around for them to do something good again. Fact is there are other bands doing just what people have been waiting on Metallica to do for 20 years. They deserve the press and the sales, not these fucking talentless, washed up plagiarists.

Again, Metallica has the power to bring hard metal back into the forefront of music, but they turned their backs on it, and so should the fans do to Metallica. But no, that's why Metallica fans are faggots.