o/t: Opus

Jeffasin

Rebel Scum
Feb 14, 2002
Echo Base
Visit site
Opus the penguin will be returning to your Sunday funnies this November in a new strip called.... Opus. It's about fucking time. The comics have sucked since Bloom County and The Far Side went away.

No word on Bill the cat's whereabouts....

I didn't much care for the Bloom County strip, a bit to left for me. I liked the art and character designs though. The cat and penguin were cool visually, But comics stopped being funny when Calvin and Hobbs, Bill Watterson retired.

The Far Side was great too. I am getting a hard bound slip cover Far Side book with every Far Side comic ever in the order they were published. Its got some comics that papers wouldn't run and some where Larson explains what the heck they were about for those that went over the readers head. Its gonna cost me 125.00 but it should be money well spent.

Hmmmmmmmm.......... I just tried looking up some "The Far Side" cartoons on the net.
It's not easy. I guess if you post any of Gary Larson's "Far Side" on the internet, you're almost as bad as those 'theives' who use Kazaa to sample music!
http://www.portmann.com/farside/

What the fuck?????? Looks like Gary Lar$on is greedy as hell too...
On the other hand, though, now that I think about it.... It is kind of like scanning a short story and putting it on the internet for free.....

my faves........
garfield
dilbert
dennis the menace
beetle bailey
peanuts
BC
King of ID (i think, its the shorty little king in like medieval times)
thats all i can think of, in my busines class, which is a joke and i could make an A in blind folded, we used to read newspapers and i would yank the funnies out and read them while my teacher blabbed about enron.

Although they never said where Bloom County was, Berke Breathed was from Iowa City, Iowa. My Brother lives in the house where Breathed lived and based the comic on....