O/t Md.45

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
Anyone remember this little gem of an album that Dave Mustaine put out in the mid nineties? Didn't like it b/c of the shitty vocals by Lee Ving did ya? Well Dave himself is re singing the vox for this album thus far giving it much needed status as 'killer" or "dope". For any of u who DON'T frequent the MegadetH forums (shame on u twice if u don't) He's remastering and re-releasing EVERY Mega album he ever did along w/ his one and only side project. New covers, new mixes, new liner notes, b-sides, rarities..all the good shit. He swears up and down that the new version of RISK and even CRYPTIC WRITINGS will be heavier by ten fold. This is called taking great shit and making it even better my friends.
\m/

By the way what do YOU think the last Mega album should be called?
I vote "...till Deth do us part"

Kinda symbolic since it's the final album and all.

MD 45, i bought this only cause Mustaine was doing the guitars. the vox did sux, this will be sweet. i didnt mind CW or RISK,he just went in a different direction which i think is good cause you dont want to do the same thing over & over like the hair bands of the 80's did. where are they now? Nirvana killed them & Megadeth still marched on

Riehlthing said:
Is this new album he's working on the last album? I didn't see that on the megadeth.com page. I've gone to the board, usually the total anarchy section.

Yep....it is to be the last, and no - there is NO reunion w/ the RIP lineup...all new players - but Chris Poland does lend a few solos to a few songs. Hell, Juniors not even involved w/ the new album. Mustaine only this time, no Ellefson.

But, MegadetH is the byproduct of only one man, and thats Mustaine. Not many bands can change players that much and not be in the "joke" section of yer brain. Anthrax withstanding - of course.:Smug:

Couldn't stand MD.45. Not even sure I'd like the album redone.

Good to hear about the re-releases. Is there a time frame?

I stopped going to the MegadetH boards probably around when Cryptic Writings came out. I stopped back in one time before they broke up and noticed my user name had been taken. I used to go by "Angel of Deth." I used to email back and forth a lot with the kid who ran the Megadeth Pagoda website, Jon Dilkes. As I recall, he got upset after Risk came out and started selling his big-ass collection.

GregadetH said:
Anyone remember this little gem of an album that Dave Mustaine put out in the mid nineties? Didn't like it b/c of the shitty vocals by Lee Ving did ya? Well Dave himself is re singing the vox for this album thus far giving it much needed status as 'killer" or "dope". For any of u who DON'T frequent the MegadetH forums (shame on u twice if u don't) He's remastering and re-releasing EVERY Mega album he ever did along w/ his one and only side project. New covers, new mixes, new liner notes, b-sides, rarities..all the good shit. He swears up and down that the new version of RISK and even CRYPTIC WRITINGS will be heavier by ten fold. This is called taking great shit and making it even better my friends.
\m/

By the way what do YOU think the last Mega album should be called?
I vote "...till Deth do us part"

Kinda symbolic since it's the final album and all.
I thought Cryptic Writings RULED just as it was.:headbang:

I liked Risk as a hard rock album, not a metal album.
Countdown was my favorite of their earlier albums. First cd I bought actually, still have it too. Can't wait for the others to be redone.
I thought Poland was joining up again permanently? Not just for some solos. But, of course, mostly read the total anarchy, and not the main thread. I'll start looking in there.

jdelpi said:
Good to hear about the re-releases. Is there a time frame?

Dave doesn't know when they'll be coming out, or if it will all be at once or one every now and then. He just told me that starting in July that Capitol Records has a whole summer of Megadeth stuff planned out for everyone.

^^ MD 45? He's just doing the vocals himself because he said all of Lee Ving's vocal tracks are lost. The Megadeth stuff though is just remixes and remasters with a ton of extras, then a new album coming out on Sanctuary later in the year.