O/T Should Pete Rose be reinstated?

Should Pete Rose be allowed back in baseball?

• Yes

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An insult to the game...I fucking hate that shit. Its BASEBALL, a childs game. Something I used to play in the back yard with more passion than half the big leaguers today. Sammy Sosas bat is an insult to the game, computerized strike zones are an insult to the game, the salarys an insult to the game. The HOF honors what you do ON THE FIELD. Yeah hes a shallow asshole off the field, so what. He belongs in the HOF for what he did on the field.

Yea, It IS a child's game and there are alot of flaws. Alot of things that have happened in the last 20 years have made it all seem like a joke, and probably more than 20 years ago except I am more experianced with the last 20. Still he broke a cardinal sin. He influenced the outcome of games. If Shoeless Joe can't be in the Hall with all the controversy surrounding him, why should Rose?

Who gives a shit if Pete Rose gambled or not? I sure as hell don't care. We are all human. So he has a problem, big deal. You don't turn your back on somebody that has a probelm, you try to help them. This is like a mental dude getting the chair because they kill somebody. They have problems and it's not their fault. Get my point?? Besides, the all time hit king is a HOF canadite as far as I'm concerned. It's quite an accomplishment and that deserves to be regognized. I don't think that record will ever be broken. There are more serious offenses than gambling, such as steroids, drugs, etc...

ThraxMan

OneManStandsThrax said:
Yea, It IS a child's game and there are alot of flaws. Alot of things that have happened in the last 20 years have made it all seem like a joke, and probably more than 20 years ago except I am more experianced with the last 20. Still he broke a cardinal sin. He influenced the outcome of games. If Shoeless Joe can't be in the Hall with all the controversy surrounding him, why should Rose?
He bet on games, it has never been said that he influenced the games in a negative way to win a bet. He was the coach and he did what he thought he should do to win games but its never been said that he threw games.

Canthraxadian said:
SCott308 said:
It was in Boston, actually.

Actually it was Atlanta

No. It. Was. Boston. :mad:

Since you don't seem to believe me, and have placed that All-Star game in two different cities so far, I'm gonna help you out so you don't hurt yourself. I did a quick search at MLB.com and found this info:

July 13, 1999: The 70th Major League Baseball All-Star Game is held at Fenway Park. Baseball fans everywhere thrill to the presentation of MLB's All-Century Team, with the ultimate finale being an appearance by Red Sox great Ted Williams on the field. In a spontaneous gesture, all of the players and coaches on the field surround Williams to show their respect and appreciation for everything he means to baseball. Sox pitcher and American League starting pitcher Pedro Martinez is named the Most Valuable Player for his pitching performance as the AL defeats the National League, 4-1. Pedro becomes the first pitcher in All-Star history to strike out the game's first three batters. Of the six batters Pedro faces during his two-inning stint, five — Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Jeff Bagwell — struck out.

Key points in the above statement are "1999," "at Fenway," and "All-Century Team." Next time, please do a quick check of the facts before you throw out your alledged facts and look like an ass. :devil:

Thank you for playing.

Scott