o/t - thanks everyone.

IAN442

Dec 6, 2005
I feel much better now...surprisingly i lost 13 pounds post surgery but right now am fighting a cold so that also cuts down on what i eat and drink....breathing tubes are a pain in the ass...

I know some of you workout so if you could pm me with ideas and suggestions for a workout routine would be greatly appreciated....

I have to do something,,,but making that first step we all know is the hardest.

Thanks again everyone....

ian442.

Thats great to hear Ian. I agree with Whitey. Start out with walking and then work your way up from there. Its the simplest form of exercise and no equipment or membership fee needed.

I agree with the walking routine. Just don't set your sights too high at first. Start off at a pace you'll know you can do on a regular basis.

Walking is a good start. Discipline will be the most important. You have to always stay with your daily diet or exercise, even on the days when you feel terrible. Most people want instant results, but it takes time.

Walking is a great exercise. Invest in an iPod ... don't see it as exercise. Treat yourself, go for a walk to some of your favourite places. Like your favourite music store, etc - places you would normally drive too.

Also drink lotsa water. And eat smaller and more regular meals ... speeds up your metabolism. But a dietician will better help you with that.

Good luck man.

aliasp said:
don't see it as exercise. Treat yourself, go for a walk to some of your favourite places. Like your favourite music store, etc - places you would normally drive too.

Good suggestion. Gives you more time to think, walk for half an hour to the place while just listening to music and thinking.

my apt complex has an ok workout facality but i started with walking also. don't get frustrated if you don't walk far at first. everybody learns to trust their bodies the hard way. you work out to hard right off the bat and pull something then you can't workout at all for a while. build your endurance and stick to eating healthy(er). make unrealistic goals and you'll fall off quick.
remember you're trying to get into better shape not win the mr universe contest.

My apt complex has a fairly nice workout facility too but it's hard for me to motivate myself to go there, so I have a membership at Bally's. It's big, I see people there regularly, and because I know I'm paying for it it motivates me to go to get my money's worth.