O/T: Twisted Sister to tour again!! My reunion ticket collection is complete!

lumping them in with those other bands that came years after them is a little harsh,twisted fucking sister had the music to hold them up high!

Originally posted by TD
I really don't know if I'd call them a hair band. They started looking like that years before they ever got on a label. They were really part of that glam scene back in NYC in the early 70's. The songs they wrote are much closer to Motorhead, the Ramones, and AC/DC than they are all the "hair" bands that came after TS had went away. Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, all that shit came after twisted. I'm not saying TS are the rightful gods of metal w/ Priest, Maiden and Sabbath, I'm just saying it's a misnomer to label them a hair band.

Maybe, I wasn't really growing up with the "glam" scene, I am a bit younger. Since Dee Dee Snider had this big hair, I felt safe to categorize them in that way :) (Yes, I know, I could easily say that Anthrax used to be a hair band since they all had long hair, well, including Scott till Penikufesin came out)

Twisted Sister was a hell of a band and I respect them but I will not go see them if it means sitting through a bunch of gay ass hair bands. TS is sooo far above playing with the likes of Poison, Slaughter, ect. that it just wouldn't be right (IMO) for them to be on the same bill as those ass clowns. I would LOVE to seem them headline a club or even co-headline with a deserving band. If Dave and Sammy could ever settle their differences and tour again I think TS would be a PERFECT band to tour with them.

Twisted Sister was a hell of a band and I respect them but I will not go see them if it means sitting through a bunch of gay ass hair bands. TS is sooo far above playing with the likes of Poison, Slaughter, ect. that it just wouldn't be right (IMO) for them to be on the same bill as those ass clowns. I would LOVE to seem them headline a club or even co-headline with a deserving band. If Dave and Sammy could ever settle their differences and tour again I think TS would be a PERFECT band to tour with them.