O/T: Ty's Superjointritual Use Once and Destroy review:

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
I'll keep this short, 'cause none of y'all gonna reply anyway, but since we ain't gonna see Anthrax: We've Come for You All for a while, rest assured, this will satisfy your thirst for heaviness and purity. SJR, are, in a word: heavy. Really f*!king heavy. At times this disc sounds repetitive, but that is a complaint you can make about some really great heavy as shit records (Slayer's Reign In Blood and Testament's Demonic have both recieved this criticism) so it is in good company. This record is on the other side of the token from Down. Whereas Down is Satan's southern rock band, SJR are an even more brutal version of Pantera at their most brutal. And the funny thing is, it sounds real. It makes Pantera seem like the band that are "contrived" or "forced" or "paint by numbers" compared to SJR. I guess Phil really is the metal guy in Pantera. I'm not gonna do a track by track or anything: but if you want Vulgar Dipslay of Power meets Reign In Blood with a touch of Celtic Frosted Flakes, than by this disc. You don't have to like Pantera, and you don't have to like Down. Trust me, SJR is its own entity. I got my advance yesterday, and it ain't left my player. Peace out.

Originally posted by TD
It makes Pantera seem like the band that are "contrived" or "forced" or "paint by numbers" compared to SJR.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Pantera, but I think we are getting close to the end of Pantera's career. Maybe another album or two. Phil has even made this statement himself.

Phil has so many band's (ie: Body and Blood, Eibon, Superjoint Ritual, Down, Christ Inversion, The Disembodied, Spirit In the Room, working one his wife's cd Southern Isolation, plus the House of Shock, the strip club and his label Housecore Records)
Busy fuckin man!

Rex is in Down.

Vinnie and Dime (if Im not mistaken Dimebag is involved) have Gasoline that plays a kind of heavy classic rock thing going on.