O/T: Who saw the Misfits Fiend Fest?

MrCam

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I went to the Misfits Fiend Fest in Mt Clemens MI and thought it kicked ass. I was wondering if anyone else had a chance to go.

It was 7 bands for $30 the first few were standard punk bands. The only stand outs were Balzac, The Damned, The Misfits and the comedy of the Dickies (not so much the music).

I don't know what I think about the current lineup of the Misfits and if it should be called the Misfits with Jerry Only, Marky Rammone and Dez from Black Flag. I liked the sound about 3 times faster than any album I have ever heard from the misfits and I dug the Ramones and Black Flag songs added.

Any opinions on the Misfits or a Punk style OzzFest?

remington69 said:
I refuse to accept the current lineup as the Misfits. Jerry needs to give it up and stop banking on the name.

I gave up on all the band politics so I just listen to whoever is in any band and deside if I like it.
I thought the show was great and liked the combo of Misfits, Rammones and Black Flag songs.

Of course I feel the same way about Metalica because of the music, I refuse to accept the current lineup as Metallica. That's not including the new bass player he just got dragged into the shit.

MrCam said:
I went to the Misfits Fiend Fest in Mt Clemens MI and thought it kicked ass. I was wondering if anyone else had a chance to go.

It was 7 bands for $30 the first few were standard punk bands. The only stand outs were Balzac, The Damned, The Misfits and the comedy of the Dickies (not so much the music).

I don't know what I think about the current lineup of the Misfits and if it should be called the Misfits with Jerry Only, Marky Rammone and Dez from Black Flag. I liked the sound about 3 times faster than any album I have ever heard from the misfits and I dug the Ramones and Black Flag songs added.

Any opinions on the Misfits or a Punk style OzzFest?
I saw it in San Diego, and hated it. I have been a Misfits fan since the 80s. They are not the Misfits anymore. Jerry Only is ruining a once classic band. Each person Jerry, Dez,Marky are talented, and I have tons of respect for each of their careers in music, but the crap they are doing now is disgraceful.
We could argue this point for hours so I will end in saying The Misfits ended when Glkenn Danzig quit the band. Misfits are a cover band that does classic punk rock songs. Nothing more nothing less.

I heard a lot of good things about the last Misfits line-up, also read in an article with Jerry that it's just a fun thing and he see's it as a tribute to his passed away friends and for the fans!!
PUNK RULESS!!!I have the same feeling with PUNK now when I 1st heard Trax/Exodus/ ST?Metallica /Death ANgel .......but then the lot gets crap after ........ANd Justice for All!!!!!!!!Glad Trax survived!!!!!!

Yeah, I have Seen Jerry and the Punk Rock all stars on two occasions and its really not the Misfits. But the songs are so kick ass its hard to deny the show. I guess it beast nothing. But I also liked the Doyal/Chud/Graves/Only line up. It sucked to see it go.