The Misfits

Tomorrow I'm going w/ a buddy o' mine to see the Misfits and we have backstage passes. Last time we saw them, my buddy got up and sang a couple of songs w/ them. Maybe this time we'll both be up there and Jerry Only will let me sit in on bass for a few. It's gonna be great to meet Marky Ramone and Dez from Black Flag. :headbang:

lespaulbass666 said:
Tomorrow I'm going w/ a buddy o' mine to see the Misfits and we have backstage passes. Last time we saw them, my buddy got up and sang a couple of songs w/ them. Maybe this time we'll both be up there and Jerry Only will let me sit in on bass for a few. It's gonna be great to meet Marky Ramone and Dez from Black Flag. :headbang:

WOW Dawg,

That's some goosebump shit right there! Hope the show goes off well and U have a great story 2 tell us in a couple!

AugDawg

Jerry Only absolutely rules, nine years ago prior to the show in Prague I talked to him and he eventually would take off his shirt and gave it to me "here you are, take it" I was like :yow: :yow: but I still have the T-shirt and it´s my most favourite to wear.

the show was great!!! afterwards, i got to hang out w/ jerry, marky, and dez. it was pretty cool. i was really surprised at how fast they played those tunes. my old band used to play 'halloween' an easy 40 - 50 bpm faster than the recording, and they did it an easy 20 - 30 bpm faster than we played it.
they also did a shitload of ramones tunes. and those were lightning fast too. and i'm not starting an argument, but to the 400+ people at the show the misfits HAVE NOT BROKEN UP just because there has been some significant lineup changes. the band i hung out with today were fun, happy to have the fans and kids there, and not getting knocked out with one punch at a show. :headbang:

At every Fits show I have seen, I have to agree with you 100%. Jerry Only comes out, plays his heart out for 2 hours, and then stands around afterwards talking to every single person that comes up to him. Not many bands act like he does. Sure he puts the Misfits name on pretty much anything, but its his band, thats how he makes a living. I have seen the MISFITS with Glenn singing, and I have seen every variation of the Misfits , and I love them all the same. Jerry Only rules...

lespaulbass666 said:
the show was great!!! afterwards, i got to hang out w/ jerry, marky, and dez. it was pretty cool. i was really surprised at how fast they played those tunes. my old band used to play 'halloween' an easy 40 - 50 bpm faster than the recording, and they did it an easy 20 - 30 bpm faster than we played it.
they also did a shitload of ramones tunes. and those were lightning fast too. and i'm not starting an argument, but to the 400+ people at the show the misfits HAVE NOT BROKEN UP just because there has been some significant lineup changes. the band i hung out with today were fun, happy to have the fans and kids there, and not getting knocked out with one punch at a show. :headbang:

The last good song I heard out of 'em was 'I wanna be a N.Y. Ranger' or whatever it was called.

Didn't stop me from buyin' the 12 inch Jerry Only action figure though. \m/

lespaulbass666 said:
yeah, i know glenn will likely never come back, but if sabbath, maiden, priest, 'thrax, and crue can get back together, ya never know. and i liked the stuff they did w/ graves. what ever happend to him?? and what's doyle doin' these days?
he and Dr. Chud started a band and toured they were called graves. it was pretty good but for some reason they cou8ldn't get along and split and he formed a new band called gotham road. both bands never released anything officially. just demos. you can get the graves demo cd here. http://www.officialgraveswebsite.com/contact.html . the gotham road site is down they're like doing some major overhaul and i'm not sure what else but it seems like they have alot planned. he was on the daily show like last year as one of the interviews where they make fun of people. had something to do with the fact that he's a right wing punk. it was fuckin halarious and great that he played along.
edit: appearently he has his own site i didn't know about www.michalegraves.net and has a solo album coming out soon.
-Jono

Doyle's been rocking it out with Glenn doing a 30 minute Misfits set at some Danzig shows the past few months. I saw them is Februaury and am seeing'em again in less than two weeks. This blows anything Jerry could do out of the water.

And I'm sorry, but it was GLENN's band, not Jerry's. Jerry was the SECOND bass player. Glenn wrote EVERY lyric, EVERY note, did cover artwork, came up with the name etc. etc. etc. Jerry was simply the money man, and saddly, still it to this day.

When Glenn announced their last show in '83, that was the end of it, as far as I'm concerned. Jerry Only "legally" putting Glenn in a corner, informing him that his DIY punk rock days pretty much fucked him in being able to contain any rights to his original material, worming it away from him in court...Yeah, he's a saint...

And don't even get me started on the abortion that was "Kryst the Conquorer"... Yes, folks, Jerry became "Mo the Great" in the 80's to a Christian metal band that supposedly was formed to "denounce the evils of the Misfits"...only to come crawling back to the name 10 years later?

Maybe he's great to the fans, but he's asshole, too...

Bah, everyone can have their Asshole Moments, and they become worse whet the $$$ factor is an issue! I'd love to see a Ramones/Misfits show, I love Every Song and they all rock (well, the old stuff anyway, never appreciated the new stuff from the Misfits, almost like they were trying to be what they were, not what they are. I found it boring)

lespaulbass666 said:
i think some of the early stuff was good, i also think some of it was pure crap i'll give glenn credit for that too :D i used to like glenns solo stuff too :headbang: but after a while, he got silly and sucked ass. as far as the christian metal thing, i never knew about that.

The only thing that I had a slight problem with ...Was graves singing like he was a danzig impersonater ( that was when I saw them in 97 or 98) but man the old anthems and an entire crowd screaming right along with them made up for it , that was fun