Oak Knoll Finland (revitalized!?)

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
Peccath from BoT has offered his renewed energy to help get Oak Knoll Finland rolling again. Jukka? feel free to help us out here.

1) Peccath (or anyone) will/can submit store and other contact info (the best they can) into http://submit.oak-knoll.com
from this list we can assemble the places we will solicit
2) Jeremy will come up with a printable catalog (single page) with the release info and pictures. It will list the suggested retail prices (full cds: 14euros). The places have an option of buying them upfront for 8.5euros or consignment for 9.5e
3) promotion - we need to get posters and flyers out, stickers.
4) networking - talk to bands, get shows, get BoT back on , maybe get more bands... get Northern European/Russian bands working with us in any capacity if they are what we are looking for

please add your ideas! Let's hope we get this going again and not let it fizzle out.

guys, i don't want to sound harsh or something, but don't have a higher expectations from the finnish metal market, you can't expect much from a country with 5 million population... the thing is that the metal fans there care mostly about their own bands (i guess it's ok while you have 2 of them), but for the rest, prepare for a big dissapointment :)
anyways Jeremy try to improve your connections in Germany, France and UK, those are the tradional good sales markets! Skandinavia sucks for sales and i've heard that from different people/locations :(

Well, Finland is the only country in Europe which can have 20 metal records in top 40 on the same week. while France, Germany and UK has none. Bands like sentenced, amorphis, children of bodom etc. sell platinium in Finland. And everytime they release record its number 1. in the top 40 chart.And scandinavia in general is a big market for metal in general. Germany is the biggest market in europe, no doubt but metal in UK And France dont sell shit. Thing is, metal is mainstream in Finland. In UK and France..It isnt. i Think you should check out the facts before you open your mouth. There could be a french band in top 20 in finland if there is someday a french band that doesnt suck.

>Jukka

Calmsite said:
Well, Finland is the only country in Europe which can have 20 metal records in top 40 on the same week. while France, Germany and UK has none. Bands like sentenced, amorphis, children of bodom etc. sell platinium in Finland. And everytime they release record its number 1. in the top 40 chart.And scandinavia in general is a big market for metal in general. Germany is the biggest market in europe,
:lol: i was talking about selling small scale obscure non-finnish underground bands (like the ones OKP produces), i wanna see you selling them well there...
Calmsite said:
... Think you should check out the facts before you open your mouth.
no comment about my sources...
Calmsite said:
There could be a french band in top 20 in finland if there is someday a french band that doesnt suck.
>Jukka
:puke:

Though I also believe that Germany is the main market for extreme Metal in Europe and especially also its more obscure bands, anything that gets going in Scandinavia should be very well appreciated.
Scandinavia has surely the best scene and infrastructure concerning heavy music and for bands coming out of those countries. Getting into the UK market is especially difficult for non-English (and it seems non-Scandinavian...) bands. I cannot say much about France, in fact I don`t hear much about it, to be honest.
Every country you all mention is great in some way and I would be very happy if Oak Knoll can get more support and impact in each and every one of them, especially since our new album comes out at the moment.
all the best to you all.
Wolfgang
PS: regarding Germany and distribution, Jeremy, try getting distributed through Twilight (http://www.twilight-distribution.com) or Soulfood (http://www.soulfood-music.de).