Obama speech opinions

hexwind

Creepiness Och Terrorism
Jun 10, 2008
Psychedelic Planet
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,
I believe most of you have seen/red the USA president Obama's speech.
I'm just curious about your opinions in this subject :)
I personally think that what he said is really fair and logical in most of his points and I'm looking forward to seeing what he said converted to actions and not just words.
Discuss
Asalem alaykom

I'm looking forward to seeing what he said converted to actions and not just words.

Won't happen. He agreed to an increase in the defense budget, increased the amount of military personel in Afghanistan, and reneged on his promise to pull out of Iraq immediately.
We also still give tons of money to Israel.

What about any of that suggests we aren't fighting Islam? Oh my bad, I forgot, we are fighting the 'turrists'. Blowback is a bitch.

Won't happen. He agreed to an increase in the defense budget, increased the amount of military personel in Afghanistan, and re-nigged on his promise to pull out of Iraq immediately.
We also still give tons of money to Israel.

What about any of that suggests we aren't fighting Islam? Oh my bad, I forgot, we are fighting the 'turrists'. Blowback is a bitch.

He pledged early on to increase reinforcements in Afghanistan (which I of course disagree with) and never promised to "immediately" pull out of Iraq. Our relationship with Israel is maddeningly complex, I suggest you read more.

"re-nigged." Real clever, shithead.

He pledged early on to increase reinforcements in Afghanistan (which I of course disagree with) and never promised to "immediately" pull out of Iraq. Our relationship with Israel is maddeningly complex, I suggest you read more.

"re-nigged." Real clever, shithead.

Between 1:25-1:40 he promised to have all combat troops out by March 31st (That is about as close to "immediately" as you can get when talking about a mass military retrograde). You can say "well obviously he didn't know enough facts to make that promise", but if so then he shouldn't have made it, and that shows extreme short-sightedness and a lack of intergrity on his part.

Our relationship with Israel is bullshit, despite it's "complexities".

Reneged* was not a racial joke, gtf off your ignorant high-horse. Calling Obama a n***** would be an insult to actual black people.

Last edited by a moderator:
when people throw themselves on someone and blow up it's not for no reason, unless, they have an extreme mental disorder. But what happened to Bush in late 08 (when someone threw a show on him, which is the ultimate insult in Arabic culture) was coz he did nothing but made things worse than it used to be with Saddam Husain (which wasn't good at all either) , i see it as an expression of anger of several years.
Here, in the Arabic/Muslim world, everyone is expecting something better from the new US administration. Getting back the army from Iraq is a good step, and as he said, let Iraq to Iraqis, I think going there pretending to make the place safer to people and destruct the threatening weapons (which obviously they didn't find any, still useful at least) made things worse for both Iraqis and Americans.
Al-Qaida is a terrorist group using Islam to justify their actions, and they should get rid of em coz they are threatening Western world, Arabs and Islam itself. I realize that things can't be fixed overnight and i don't believe i will live enough to see things getting better between Palestinians and Israelis or West and Arabs/Muslims.

To bad the US/CIA created Al Qaeda to start with. US foreign policy dug pits for so long we started falling into them. Or I could use a minefield analogy.

From what I saw from the speech it sounded very reasonable. I especially like that he seems to actually be trying to achieve a two state solution in Israel. We'll have to see how much of the things he talked about in this speech can be done.

As Obama is figuring out, some of the promises he previously made just aren't feasible at this point

But that's how it is with every new President so w/e

From what I saw from the speech it sounded very reasonable. I especially like that he seems to actually be trying to achieve a two state solution in Israel. We'll have to see how much of the things he talked about in this speech can be done.

Yeah that part of his policy is particurly heartening, although he wouldn't be the first president to say that and do nothing.

I liked the part when he went to the pyramid and said that the dude painted in it looked like him.