Obituary reforming

bloodfiredeath

kaiju eiga
May 19, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
best news ever.

Legendary Death Metallers OBITUARY In The Process Of Reforming, New Material On The Way - Jan. 17, 2004

Legendary Florida death metallers OBITUARY are in the process of reforming with a view towards releasing a new CD in late 2004 or early 2005. "[Drummer] Donald [Tardy], [guitarist] Allen [West] and I have been working on some new stuff and are thinking about a new album," singer John Tardy told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "We are just getting started and I know [Donald] has talked to [ex-OBITUARY guitarist] Trevor [Peres] about it, too. Right now we have no timeline or record deal set up, but we are writing songs. If all goes well, [the reunion] would be with all 'original' members [John, Donald, Allen, Trevor and bassist Frank Watkins]."

Although the reformed OBITUARY would likely perform select live shows before and after the recording of a new studio album, there is no truth to the reports that the band will make an appearance at the Sun N' Steel festival in Tampa in early March. "I don't know anything about a Sun N' Steel show...never heard of it," John said.

Formed in 1984 as EXECUTIONER (later shortened to XECUTIONER), OBITUARY are widely considered to be one of the most influential and groundbreaking bands in the death metal genre. After releasing several successful albums in the late Eighties/early Nineties (including the classic 1989 debut "Slowly We Rot" and its equally punishing 1990 follow-up, "Cause of Death"), the band announced their breakup, with John Tardy's disinterest in touring apparently a major factor, according to the Internet heavy metal encyclopedia BNR Metal Pages. Trevor Peres has since started CATASTROPHIC, while Donald Tardy joined Andrew W.K.'s band some time ago.

:headbang: awesome .. another band cashing in on the rising popularity of metal :tickled:

looking forward to some new work from these boys ...

I want to get some Obituary. Can they be ranked in some priority?

Also, is it just me, or is Scott Burns not hailed enough for all the music he produced whether it be for Obituary, Sepultura, Death, and Pestilence etc.

JayKeeley said:
I want to get some Obituary. Can they be ranked in some priority?
for me...
1. Cause of Death
2. Slowly We Rot
3. The End Complete
4. World Demise
5. Back From The Dead

Also, is it just me, or is Scott Burns not hailed enough for all the music he produced whether it be for Obituary, Sepultura, Death, and Pestilence etc.
Absolutely.

Scott Burns rules.

I need some Obituary as well, I think I heard them years ago but have no real memory of it. Always loved their logo though. :D

DO NOT get Back From the Dead. Talk about boring, and there is some damn rap song at the end. WTF? Haven't heard World Demise, but the other three are quite tasty.

man .. the song SPLATTERED of World Demise is some awesome track. Have not heard this cd in at least 10 years ... that track has some wicked effects on it.

FTC_Divine_Obituary02.jpg

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=23807

My friends and I drove down to Tampa and saw them play...they are one of my all time favorite bands..it was awesome!!!