Obituary

Patric

Nov 1, 2001
Disneyland
Is it just me, or is (was) this band extremely slow and dull, being a death metal band and all? No machinegun drumming, guitars sloppy and slow etc. At first I thought it was natural for that time for death metal, that all bands played slow that time. But now I'm sitting here listening to Morbid Angel's "Altars Of Madness" and there is a HUGE difference.

Jesus, stop creating new threads like you're shooting blanks.

I suggest you talk about Obituary in the general forum.

Obituary is sloppy? no way you might not like their style or anything but by no means is sloppy guitar playing. What you call slow and dull i call density, besides if inflames is considered death metal that about tells you how wide the genre is. Your reference of "machine gun drumming" makes me think you are thinking about brutal death metal ( dying fetus, suffocation, skinless, disgore, gorgasm, etc ) wich is another thing but i think death metal has too many things around it today so the brutal death metal sub-sub-sub genre thing is necesary ( just like saying melodic death metal ).

This is why i dislike using genres i mean when you hear someone talk about gothenburg sound bands is like a sub-sub-sub-sub genre ( metal>death metal>melodic death metal> gotheburg sound )is really getting ridiculous.

Obituary was a brilliant band. Unique, crushing riffs and lead work from Allen West and (on Cause of Death), the immortal James Murphy that is significantly more challenging than Opeth's lead work.

Originally posted by Armageddon's Child
Obituary was a brilliant band. Unique, crushing riffs and lead work from Allen West and (on Cause of Death), the immortal James Murphy that is significantly more challenging than Opeth's lead work.

Agreed.

I don´t like Obituary but Eat shit and fuck a moose is quite an impressive title for a song aint it.

Thank you

sincerely, Anal Smackaniggaz