Obscura

Yeah its good technical death metal. Pretty damn chaotic, not easy to listen to, but good.

I love Obscura! I saw em live a couple months ago. They are a great band if you're into that sort of thing! They have 2 former Necrophagist members, so if you like the Anata/Necrophagist thing, check em' out!

Much better tech-death than most of the shit from America. They're the band The Faceless wishes they were. Although I'm not too keen on Relapse as a label, despite them having a select few AWESEOME bands.

Much better tech-death than most of the shit from America. They're the band The Faceless wishes they were. Although I'm not too keen on Relapse as a label, despite them having a select few AWESEOME bands.

Haha dude I tooootally disagree. I think Obscura is one of the weaker bands on Relapse's awesome roster. One of the most forward-thinking A&R departments in metal right now imo.

The new Augury album is the best tech death album out this year imho. Although the new Obscura album is solid.

Augury-FragmentaryEvidencejpg.jpg

So when I listen to this song, I hear fretless bass - but from the video - he isn't playing one. Now I understand it's a video, but can you get that "sound" from a regular bass?

*disclaimer*
I'm not a musician, so my technical details may be off. Please be gentle.

So when I listen to this song, I hear fretless bass - but from the video - he isn't playing one. Now I understand it's a video, but can you get that "sound" from a regular bass?

*disclaimer*
I'm not a musician, so my technical details may be off. Please be gentle.

OBSCURA PREMIERE NEW BASS PLAYTHROUGH VIDEO FOR “AKROASIS”

"...German technical/progressive death metal luminaries, Obscura, have just shared a new playthrough video, which features fretless bass virtuoso Linus Klausenitzer shredding his way through the title-track of the band's latest release, Akroasis. Watch below.

"When I thought to record another playthrough video, I decided for the title track of our new album Akroasis," said Linus Klausenitzer. "As it is a very atmospheric song, the bass lines are probably the easiest one to play on the whole album. This way I hope to motivate people to try playing the song themselves and to pay more attention to phrasing on bass. In this video I play my fretless Ibanez BZB7 that people ask me about very often. I recorded 90% of the album with this bass."

Interesting. That doesn't look like a fretless, but sure sounds like one. haha Maybe the "frets" aren't really there?

Man, the new disc is so awesome.