Obsessive songs

Erik said:
HAVE YOU HEARD the new album though? it's fucking ace. they completely left the goth shit behind... the new album is all very riff-based, very heavy, growls, even blastbeats... there are two songs on the album that feature clean vocals at all.

Hm. The last Moonspell album I heard was "The Antitode". Is there a 2006 one out? Haven't heard anything about it

Erik said:
HAVE YOU HEARD the new album though? it's fucking ace. they completely left the goth shit behind... the new album is all very riff-based, very heavy, growls, even blastbeats... there are two songs on the album that feature clean vocals at all.

Eh, I'm really dsappointed in the new album. It's dynamic, heavy, agressive and dark but the songs are so formulaic and very predictable. I think the songwriting has really taken a backseat to the 'sound' that moonspell was trying to go for on this album. They tried to go for the atmosphere of a mid-90's metal album and it made me long for something along the lines of 'Wolfheart' but it ended up something like The Antidote possibly mixed a bit of Daemonarch (Which was moonspell in disguise) but not nearly as good as either of these albums. What's lacking is songwriting and variety, I've heard it all before, but I've also heard it done better. Sorry not a great album imo

Heh. I'm gonna have to check out the Moonspell album and judge by myself. Getting on topic again, I've been listening to a whole shitload of mid-era Death. Especially "Trapped In A Corner" and "See Through Dreams" have had a permanent stay in my playlist.

Katatonia - Journey Through Pressure
Jesu - Walk On Water
Novembers Doom - Autumn Reflection

These are all constantly in my playlists throughout the last week or so.

"Autumn Reflection" is brilliant :) I've also been into a whole lot of ND the past week, Especially "Not The Strong". A lot of new Amorphis as well, very catchy stuff despite being a bit devoid of substance.

It is really hard, in the moment I can`t get "July" out of
my head and before that "In the White" and before that "My Twin".....
And if I am not "obsessed" with any Katatonia song...well in that case the new Lacuna Coil Album is on my playlist very often....

I've been really into Jeff Buckley lately. He made some damn catchy music. Other than that all I listen to is Katatonia and Sentenced...no one can touch them. ;)

Darn pop rock and Grey's Anatomy...

Thirteen Senses - Into the Fire
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
a lot of Coldplay (Fix You, Yellow, Speed of Sound, Clocks)

stefan86 said:
How's new Camel compared to the 70's stuff? I like some songs like "Never Let Go" and "Nimrodel" alot :)

well imho they didn't change much musically. they slowed kinda down a little bit.
especially in " a nod and a wink (2002)".

i didn't actually listen to the stuff they made in the 80s so they didn't shock me. but you gotta listen to "rajaz" its such a damn beautifull album. the first song is even kinda "David Gilmour"ish (his last album is also damn good) with the pad keyboards and howling lead.