Ocean Of Grief - After A Long Time

Phil_ocean

Feb 3, 2016
Hey guys, yesterday we released our first lyric video for a brand new song. Share any opinions if you are in the mood to listen to it, I really value opinions from this forum.

Edit: I forgot to say that I did the mix/master but I cant say Im really happy with it :/

My main criticism is the snare, which sounds kinda weak and lost in the mix at places. Also I feel the lead melodies overpower the vocals, and maybe the vocals are a bit buried in general or too much reverb/delay?.

Other than that it sounds pretty good, the guitars fit the style nice and the production has a "doom metal" vibe which I assume you were going for.

My main criticism is the snare, which sounds kinda weak and lost in the mix at places. Also I feel the lead melodies overpower the vocals, and maybe the vocals are a bit buried in general or too much reverb/delay?.

Other than that it sounds pretty good, the guitars fit the style nice and the production has a "doom metal" vibe which I assume you were going for.
Hey man, concerning the snare I agree. I wasnt happy when I finished it but i didnt have anymore time to fix its issues :/ About the vocals, we have pretty weird opinions about how we want them in a song so its a little complicated :p Definitely agree that they need to stand out more though. Thank you so much for your interest and the feedback!

Yeah, I know from working with immensity that you 'doom guys' have different preferences in vocals (and in production in general). I'm not a big fan of the genre so I won't argue, you probably know better haha ;) Obviously it's a personal preference thing.

Yeah, I know from working with immensity that you 'doom guys' have different preferences in vocals (and in production in general). I'm not a big fan of the genre so I won't argue, you probably know better haha ;) Obviously it's a personal preference thing.
So its a doom thing? I thought we were the only weird ones ^^