OCEANS OF SADNESS (belgium)

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
OCEANS OF SADNESS will return to ProgPower! The band celebrates its 15th anniversary, and wanted to party with us once again. Back in 2007 they offered us a splendid performance, so we thought it a good idea to book them once more.

Check them out, we are sure they will not disappoint you!

Woah! Awesome news! These guys were one of the best bands in 2007 (or was it 2006?) imo. A very pleasant surprise then and something to look forward to now :D

Sounds depressing

Not at all, rather the opposite :) we tend to drown all negativity into our 'oceans of sadness' and end up with a hell of a party with people smiling and even dancing! ;-)

We, OOS, really look forward to this show since we have awesome memories of our previous passage in 2007!

Yes !!

Was hoping for their return at the 2009 edition of PPeurope, but this year is great too!!

both PPeurope and PPusa will get to see OoS this year, must be a fantastic anniversary year for the band.

I skipped last friday's gig of Epica (which was almost in my backyard) to see them next weekend in Antwerp because OoS is opening for them, see you guys next weekend (and at PP of course).

H.

Last week we did a special double show in our hometown Dessel, in front of 300 people only. We celebrated the 10th birthday of our debut For We Are, followed by a show filled with songs we didn't play for years anymore.

Someone posted a song called Re-Erase (from For We Are) online. Don't mind the bad soundquality, hope you feel the energy through your screen ;-)

Here is the link:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-fzqRMc9UI&feature=email[/ame]

Tijs and The OoS guys pulled off a nice show @ PPUSA I've been told!

Can they top the 2007 performance?

That is the plan, yes :)

PPUSA was awesome! We never expected such a return from the US crowd but their reaction surely way waaaaaay above our expectation! Hell, a big part was even singing along with ALL the songs :)

Definitely one to remember AND one to go back to :devil:

Once more we, Oceans Of Sadness, would like to thank the organization for putting us on the bill for the second time!

As good as the memories of our show a few years back were... this show was even better!! Funny moment: Rene came to me on stage 2 minutes before the show would start and said (while looking pretty worried): "look guys, I don't want you to take it personally or anything... but the venue is completely empty and we should almost start the show.." :lol:

Luckily you all proved otherwise and streamed in from the moment we actually started the show and I must say: YOU WERE AWESOME! :headbang::headbang::headbang:
The vibe was really good and positive and we all felt a lot of energy streaming through our bodies. I hope you all did as well.

Oh, and the Chinese restaurant close by? DAAAAMN that was good food!

Until the next and thanks a lot for your support!!! Spread the wooooorrrrdddd :)

I'm from Belgium and I've never seen them before. Shame on me!

However, I loved their set; it was one of the best bands of the weekend! I'll try to be @ Kavka at the end of November!

Thank you guys for such an energetic show!!! Based on your previous performance at PP I was really looking forward to this one. And then you surpassed my expectations... ;-)

DSC_2807.JPG

Ow, Tijs, you're great. You know that? ;)

The show really woke me up that day!:zombie:

And Dries: thanks for the pic!