Oceans Of Sadness - metal madness

oceans666

New Metal Member
Sep 21, 2009
All hail people of America!

We, Oceans Of Sadness from Belgium, want you all to know that we are proud and excited to blow you all away next year on Progpower USA.

Many of you may not be familiar with our music at this stage but believe me when I say that we will do everything we can to dazzle you.

Greetings,

OOS

www.oceansofsadness.com
www.myspace.com/oceansofsadness

anyone who went crazy over Amorphis when they appeared should be in line to go crazy over you guys as well. I suspect the reception should be a good one once more people are acquainted with your discography. That being said, I like what I've heard on the myspace.

I've been listening to The Arrogance of Ignorance quite a bit lately and I like it. Trying to find the rest of the discography so I can hear some more awesomeness, but it's proving to be a difficult task!

Glad y'all are excited to be playing here next year.

I can honestly say you guys are the band I'm most excited about seeing next year.

All hail people of America!

We, Oceans Of Sadness from Belgium, want you all to know that we are proud and excited to blow you all away next year on Progpower USA.

Many of you may not be familiar with our music at this stage but believe me when I say that we will do everything we can to dazzle you.

Greetings,

OOS

www.oceansofsadness.com
www.myspace.com/oceansofsadness

Welcome to the show!

I have your The Arrogance of Ignorance album and the one before that (Mirror Palace). I've yet to give TAoI a thorough listen, but did listen to the other one and do like what I hear.

Looking forward to seeing you guys and see what kind of show you put on. Always fun to discover new to me bands.

Of all the bands I had not previously heard during the announcement video, I was most intrigued by the sound sample played from OoS. Can't wait to hear more.

Really looking forward to this. Should be one of the best shows of the weekend.

No doubt about it. OoS played PPeur in 2007 and it was the biggest surprise that weekend. Very energetic performance.

DSC_6145.jpg

Oceans of Sadness during their PP 2007 gig.

H.

Cool that some of you know us already and many of you are willing to open up your hearts for what we do! The US is a completely new territory for us so we really look forward to this experience.

Indeed we played Progpower Europe in 2007 and today we still think this was one of the best crowds for us so far... especially since we don't play true prog, goth, doom, death or whatever subgenre. Our music is very instinctive and natural and is based on way too many different influences to just give it a name and limit ourselves in any way.

Progpower USA XI is still a long time ahead of us so who knows what will happen during the period in between :Smug:

Oh and: if my english doesn't really sound smooth for you guys, I can only try, right? :lol:

This is going to be a great show.
Oceans of Sadness might be the most extreme band to play the USA fest yet, based on what I heard on the Myspace. Later on I'll see if any local record stores carry the albums.
A friend of mine married a woman from Belgium. They both live in the States now, but spend part of every year in Belgium with her family; he loves it there and it's possible they will relocate permanently to Belgium (don't know what specific area).

I never was able to get into Amorphis but I did pick up The Arrogance Of Ignorance at PP and am really enjoying it. Only problem is that it has has to compete with Guilt Machine, Illusion Suite, and DSO on my playlist so I haven't really given it my full attention.

Chiming in with the others saying that of the bands I hadn't previously heard, Oceans of Sadness was the one which caught my attention the most with their clip. I'm definitely looking forward to becoming more familiar with OoS's work.