Oceans of Sadness Break Up

Well add me to the list of those sorry to see the demise of Oceans of Sadness. They were one of my favorites at PPXI and I really enjoyed the music. Best wishes to each of the guys in their future endeavors. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to see them live, Glenn!

They were, from the shows I watched, the most energetic thing at PPUSA last year. They were pretty amazing. I'm sad that I've only gotten my hands on Arrogance of Ignorance (awesome title, btw). Great band, sad to see this happen.

To be a nailz, I feel I have to point out that neither do the "that sucks, I liked them." comments.

So showing your appreciation for a band as a last jesture to them in public does nothing? The band reads this forum. I am also very appreciative to them for the professionalism they showed and consider them friends. One other reminder....you are in my house.

To be a nailz...to be a....

So showing your appreciation for a band as a last jesture to them in public does nothing?

Fair enough. That didn't cross my mind.

One other reminder....you are in my house.

That's not going to stop me from calling you out if I don't agree with you. You've rebuttled my argument, however, which is all I was interested in.

To be a nailz...to be a....

I'll grant you that. It's not always intentional, I'm just abrasive sometimes. :lol:

In all, I am also saddened to see this band go their separate ways. Arrogance didn't do it for me for half the disc, but when it got going it got great. Haven't experienced the other discs, sadly, and was looking forward to seeing them. My loss, I suppose. I'm sure they were fantastic live.

I'm sure they were fantastic live.

I've been to PPUSA three times, and they were up there in my top favorites to see with Circus Maximus, Pagan's Mind, Jon Oliva's Pain, and Sabaton. So I would say, for me at least, that fantastic does fairly cover it.

I'm just sad I didn't get to meet them. In my effort to see every note of every band, I missed them because a few of the bands (with female singers) took a liiiittle bit longer than expected to get set up, so the OoS signing happened fully while one of the other bands was playing.

That said, I really enjoy what this band was about. I'm glad for ProgPower showing them to me, and I will continue to enjoy the music they created (as I was able to find all of their albums) for years to come. Best of luck to them if any of the members do anything else music-wise in the future.

Really enjoyed them at the show and I do enjoy their stuff. Sad to see good bands fall by the wayside, but that's how it goes I suppose. Here is a shot I took at PP.

IMG_9387.jpg