OCT. ISSUE OF GUITAR WORLD ARRIVES!

Darin J Moore

May 7, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Received the new October issue of Guitar World in the mail today with Chris' "Betcha Can't Play This". The two licks covered: Ex. 1 - an arpeggio etude in A minor that integrates tapping, multiple hammer-on and pull-off combinations and a little bit of economy picking into a steady stream of 16th notes. Ex. 2 is a four-bar 16th note run based on an exotic-sounding CMaj#11 arpeggio ( five note 'haiku' scale ). Great to see Chris in the major publication of Guitar World! Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the issue is shipping - so look for it! Think I'll go check it out now!

Darin J Moore said:
Received the new October issue of Guitar World in the mail today with Chris' "Betcha Can't Play This". The two licks covered: Ex. 1 - an arpeggio etude in A minor that integrates tapping, multiple hammer-on and pull-off combinations and a little bit of economy picking into a steady stream of 16th notes. Ex. 2 is a four-bar 16th note run based on an exotic-sounding CMaj#11 arpeggio ( five note 'haiku' scale ). Great to see Chris in the major publication of Guitar World! Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the issue is shipping - so look for it! Think I'll go check it out now!

This is awesome. I can't wait to see. Oh ya, and you're still speaking guitarted. "Blah blah blah blah, Guitar World, blah blah blah"

I know, I'm an ass.

On the GW site now:

TUNE UPS
Gilby Clarke, All That Remains, Gov't Mule, Blue October, Dean limited-edition USA Schenker Brothers V guitar, GW Inquirer with Coheed and Cambria, GW readers in the spotlight and more! Betcha Can’t Play This with Chris Broderick

main_default_lft.jpg

Darin J Moore said:
Oh yes, but soon , you too shall speak our language!!!! ( I think I prefer to call it Broderickism )

No Broderickism's for me. I'm learning bass, cause it only has 4 strings, and to my pleasant suprise... i really only need to play two of the strings for most songs. Rockstardumb here i come.

MetalSteph said:
No Broderickism's for me. I'm learning bass, cause it only has 4 strings, and to my pleasant suprise... i really only need to play two of the strings for most songs. Rockstardumb here i come.

Switch to a 5 string bass. Then you and Chris can do lovely duets on the low B.

Why is Kirk Hammet on the cover? I'm a better guitarist than this turd, and I'm a full-time bassist for fuck's sake. I hate the music industry. I hate everybody today in fact. Not myself though. :heh:

It's always the money that get's the spotlight, and the talent that's locked in the fucking basement. Kirk Hammet can eat balls, and I don't wanna hear any "he's in/was in Metalica" bullshit. Who cares.

I get enough "Cliff Burton" is god, from ass to mouth enthusiasts, that listen to Metallica. No offense to Cliff, he's wasn't that great of a player. Especially nowadays. But back to Hammet...

I've seen blind, hanicapped, amuptees play Metallica solos better than him!
Not to mention he loooks like a homosexual version of Gomez Adams.
Oh well, I know what "Enter Sandman" is really about. The desire to get it in the butt.

And just so you know "Sandman" is a pseudonym for Lar's cock.

Fuck this I'm out.

Zac

ps. Chris, I'm very proud of you. Yes. I'm being sincere.

MetalSteph said:
On the GW site now:

TUNE UPS
Gilby Clarke, All That Remains, Gov't Mule, Blue October, Dean limited-edition USA Schenker Brothers V guitar, GW Inquirer with Coheed and Cambria, GW readers in the spotlight and more! Betcha Can’t Play This with Chris Broderick

main_default_lft.jpg

why is kirk hammet on an issue with 100 greatest guitar albums of all time....?

edit: lmao, i guess i should read every post before posting.... lol my bad...

Chris, I couldn't help notice when you move your pick to you thumb to tap, the pick stays on your finger. How do you do this? When I use 4 finger tapping i slide the pick up and hold it with the top of my thumb (where I'd usually hold it picking) and at the bottom knuckle of my index finger.

zak1 said:
Chris, I couldn't help notice when you move your pick to you thumb to tap, the pick stays on your finger. How do you do this? When I use 4 finger tapping i slide the pick up and hold it with the top of my thumb (where I'd usually hold it picking) and at the bottom knuckle of my index finger.
Hey Zac1,

I am experementing with thumb picks, though I'm not sold yet.
Chris.